Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Beyond (formerly Beyond Pricing)
Beyond is the global leader in revenue management, helping hosts and property managers unlock new ways to generate the most revenue with their vacation rentals. Since pioneering dynamic pricing for the vacation rental market a decade ago, Beyond has supported millions of listings globally and helped customers increase their annual revenue by an average of 40%. Our unparalleled access to, and analysis of, real-time data for the vacation rental industry powers our ability to drive revenue, maximize profitability and save time for hosts and property managers around the world.
It's with that in mind that Beyond is looking to add a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst. Reporting to our Director, Revenue Operations, you will play a critical role in delivering actionable and meaningful metrics to both internal and external stakeholders. Your primary objective will be to provide comprehensive insights that enable our internal teams to gain a holistic understanding of how our products and services connect with each other, and with our customers.
To excel in this position, you should possess a strong technical background and a proven track record in developing reporting, business intelligence, and data solutions. We’re looking for someone who is hands-on, results-oriented, and eager to work cross-functionally.
Before reading further…
Beyond is passionate about diversity and cultivating our team’s potential. If you’re hungry for a good opportunity, but don't meet every point in this job description, please apply anyway!
As our Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
- Data, Data, & more Data - Analyze & optimize our current data transformation pipelines. Create new data models to support business insights & monitor data quality.
- Technical Partner - Partner closely with other Tech, Product and Data engineering teams on the day-to-day execution of analytics, projects & new data initiatives.
- Harvest insights - Enabling effective decision-making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Business Expert - Leveraging a deep, data-driven understanding of the key drivers and metrics underpinning Beyond’s products and business lines to draw insights and make recommendations that will help the company grow and scale effectively.
- Show the way to key stakeholders - Conduct deep dive analysis with complex SQL queries and translate requirements into effective & innovative data visualizations and solutions in Mode. Partnering closely with our GTM, Finance & Product teams to support their business objectives through analysis.
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? The person who will be successful in this role will be an:
- Innovator - Insights without action are lost opportunities and you regularly seek new information, try new approaches, and want to increase the pace of learning
- Storyteller - You love telling stories with data, and have a playbook for how to bring people along in the process
- Explorer - You seek information that challenges assumptions and delight in finding insights that are not obvious.
- Advisor - You have the ability to distill, and share key data and insights that lead to better decision making and strategy
Now that we’ve told you what the job looks like, here are the qualifications we're looking for in a candidate:
- 3+ years of experience working in a Business Intelligence / Analytics environment.
- Strong data modeling & proficiency SQL skills with experience working with complex & large data sets.
- Experience harnessing data from multiple sources and making it usable and accessible for non-technical users.
- Hands-on experience with data transformation tools, query engines and data visualization tools (dbt, airflow & Mode are what we use)
- Experience articulating business questions, and using available data to find answers that translate into business recommendations.
- You have exceptional business intuition and conceptual thinking, with the ability to readily map business processes to the appropriate metrics.
- Experience with dbt / Python is a plus
So what can you expect after you apply? Your application will be personally reviewed by a member of the Beyond hiring team and if there is a match in your experience and the role, you will:
- Have a video conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about your experience and interest, but also an opportunity for you to learn more about us
- Interview with our Director, Revenue Operations
- Complete a technical assignment
- Meet with our team for deeper dive video conversations
- Interview with our Chief Executive Officer
- Interview with our Chief Technology Officer/Cofounder
We are serious about our core values: We Care, We Are On the Same Team, We Inspire Trust, We Go Beyond, We Ship It. If those resonate with you, and you're ready to work with a team that lives and breathes those values, we want to hear from you.
Beyond offers a wide variety of benefits like: stock options, unlimited PTO, work from home office stipend, private health insurance and more! You can learn more about our benefits by visiting our careers site!
We Care about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Beyond is committed to building a workplace that attracts humans of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds, statuses and lifestyles. At our core, we care about our people and encourage every employee, partner and applicant to share their whole self with us. We are respectful of and empathetic towards different viewpoints, and believe that our ability to help short term rental managers succeed relies on us building a dynamic and diverse team. Whoever you are, you can Belong @ Beyond.
Please review our GDPR Statement here.