Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Developer Ecosystem
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $15B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
We are the Developer Ecosystem team, building the operating system for private equity. After gaining significant traction with Carta’s web and mobile products, the Developer Ecosystem was formed to expand our products to developers just like you, all around the world. We place high value on individual ownership and expect every member to bring new ideas to the table and make significant contributions to our mission each day.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Design and build Carta APIs that developers like you will use effortlessly.
- Create the first app marketplace for third-party apps around Carta’s public APIs
- Elevate the standard of technical excellence across all teams at Carta.
- Participate in distilling the massive amounts of data at Carta into a coherent and cohesive private equity domain model using domain driven design.
- Interact regularly with real customers from top VC firms such as Techstars
- Work cross-functionally with different engineering, product, and strategy teams to ensure we are executing in lockstep with our peers.
- Evangelize Carta’s status as a leading Engineering organization and API provider.
We are looking for Senior Full Stack Engineers who care deeply about building world-class software products that people love. You are someone who wants to look back 10 years from now and be proud that you’ve made a dent in the universe when it comes to creating more equity owners and improving the financial future of employees around the world.
- You are insanely passionate about building products that customers love. You follow all the trends in your preferred technology, and you're up to date on the latest industry best practices for software development.
- You are relentlessly resourceful. You ask "How can we solve this?" rather than "Can we solve this?"
- You have built and shipped multiple products from the ground up and you know what it takes to build software architecture that can scale to millions of users.
- When it comes to quality, you care about more than just working software and can dive into the internals of any piece of code or library to understand why your code is not running as fast as you expect.
- When it comes to software development your opinions are strong, but loosely held.
- You understand the value of building testable code from day one. You implement automated testing strategically and don't equate code coverage to testing quality.
- You know when to prioritize speed over quality, and have the discipline to revisit those tradeoffs when the time is right.
- You can code insanely fast, without breaking things.
- You think strategically about when to build something yourself or when to use open source libraries.
- You have a growth mindset, and are always open to new ways of doing things.
- [Bonus] You’re passionate (or at least curious) about fintech.