The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $15B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to support Carta’s CEO and Founder and work within the Office of the CEO. This person will report to the Chief of Staff and work closely with our CEO, EA team as well as the broader leadership team at Carta.
Carta’s Office of the CEO is small and wears many hats. We work both autonomously for our Executive - calendaring, meeting and agenda prep, travel and projects - but also collaborate as a team on broader projects such as events and offsites, hiring and best practices.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Build trusted business partnerships with Carta’s CEO, their internal stakeholders and other key Cartans across the business
- Understand how Carta operates and its core products and offerings. Know who is responsible for what, which teams are in which office and who our executives and senior leaders are
- Proactively and accurately manage heavy calendars (which includes internal and external meetings)
- Triage and reply to emails, Lattice tasks/Google comments and Slack channels as needed
- Support in the execution of team meetings, events and offsites; including the coordination of agendas and materials, budgets, logistics, hospitality and more
- Book travel and process expenses timely; exercise good judgment and adhere our travel and expense policy
- Approve expenses, travel and time off requests for the CEO’s direct reports
- Special projects as directed by the Chief of Staff
You are a roll-up-your-sleeves, “get in the weeds,” individual that has experience supporting senior leaders in a fast paced startup environment. You are incredibly detail oriented, a problem solver and have excellent judgment. You know how to find common ground with leadership and peers alike to build relationships. You are professional, discrete and eager to learn.
We believe you will be successful in this role if you:
- 5+ years of Executive Assistant experience supporting a senior leadership role
- Are a self starter that can operate independently and collaboratively
- Have high attention to detail, strong organizational skills and the ability to handle sensitive information
- Experience at a fast-growing company is a plus
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is: $127,000 - $150,000 in San Francisco.
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.