VP of Product, Corporations
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
Problems You’ll Solve
Our journey started with digitized stock certificates, aptly named eShares Inc. Those twenty dollar digital stock certificates turned into our flagship Cap Table Management solution, which comes with 409A, ASC718, and all the reporting and compliance functionality companies need to issue and manage equity. And we have continued to innovate atop our flagship product: helping our customers make smarter compensation decisions (Total Compensation), access expert tax and equity advice (Equity Advisory), raise new rounds (Fundraising) and more.
Today the Carta Corporations business is our largest and most profitable within the company. This business funds the investments in our other businesses. We have 40,000 companies on Carta cap tables, owning ~50% of the market. So where do we go after building a market leader and category creator?
As the product trifecta lead for the Corporations Business unit, you will partner with your business and engineering partners to lead this business into its next chapter. You’ll help solve problems like:
- How do we continue to sustain and defend growth for the business despite our large market share?
- How do we increase efficiency of the business while improving client experience?
- How do we encourage adoption of other products like Carta Total Compensation, QSBS, and Equity Advisory by the existing base?
- How do we hone product market fit for these nascent offerings, nurturing them appropriately and making sound capital allocation decisions?
- How do we evolve the platform to one that is transactional, proactive, and opinionated to meet the needs of our evolving customer base?
- How do we set and evolve industry standards so that we realize our mission to Create More Owners?
The Team You’ll Work With
As the VP of Product, Corporations, you will be one of the three leaders of our Corporations Business unit. This is an org that cares deeply about serving founders and companies. The team is knowledgeable, passionate, and thorough. They bear a responsibility not only to the ecosystem, but to Carta because they are the foundation for the rest of our businesses. A great cap table product helps us sell into the investor base in our Fund Admin business and creates the trusted brand that allows us to sell equity management solutions into other verticals in our Alternative Assets business.
You’ll have a team of product leaders for each of the sub-businesses reporting to you. You’ll work with a broader team of engineers, designers, customer service representatives, delivery team members and more. As a P&L owner of the Corporations business, you’ll make capital allocation decisions across all functions and sub-businesses with your trifecta partners.
Here are some of the attributes we’re looking for in our new leader.
- Able to create momentum in the business.
- A learner, independently curious about the private markets.
- A leader of leaders, who knows how to tailor their approach to the stage of the business and make-up of the team.
- Have the product sense to build experiences that will transform user behavior for the industry.
- A master in the craft of product management and company building.
- Attuned to the market, customer sentiment, and data and can quickly adapt our approach based on what you learn.
- Used to explaining your why, playing in the open, and great at bringing your team and organization along with you.
- Adept at managing a portfolio of business risks and knowing when to be bold versus incremental.
- A great coach that can help your people do their best and most meaningful work.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $315,000 - $420,000 USD salary range in San Francisco
- $315,000 - $420,000 USD salary range in New York
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.