Senior Software Engineer, Forge EU
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
Forge is now looking to enter into the European market and, together with its strategic partner Deutsche Börse, has established Forge Europe - the first European marketplace for private company shares with access to global liquidity. Leveraging the technology, track record and expertise of Forge in the US, and the market and regulatory know-how as well as the extensive network of Deutsche Börse, Forge will be launching a European marketplace in 2023 in Germany and the UK, before expanding to the rest of Europe (subject to the requisite regulatory approvals being in place).
As an early member of the Forge team in Europe, you will become an integral part of a lean and experienced team of entrepreneurs with diverse backgrounds in engineering, venture capital, law and investment banking. We provide you with the opportunity to build, shape and define the European private market ecosystem by making Forge’s expansion to Europe a success story.
Senior Engineer - Germany
Location: Berlin (at the Deutsche Börse Berlin Hub in Berlin-Mitte, close to the Brandenburger Gate)
Target Start Date: January 2024
You will be a senior engineer in a team that is passionate about innovation and building scalable solutions that drive liquidity and growth in the private market. Our teams leverage a broad range of technologies and are well-versed in delivering high quality, innovative solutions that solve tangible business goals. We thrive on Client centricity, moving fast and delivering value. We are seeking passionate engineers with at least 5 years of experience delivering innovative software solutions that are scalable, secure and easy to maintain. Whether enhancing an existing application or helping build towards our next generation of experiences, the ideal candidate thrives in team settings and focuses on delivering value.
We are a full stack shop and our primary web applications are React + Dotnet C# + Node.js/Typescript.
In this role, you will:
- Design, implement and maintain cloud native distributed web applications.
- Design, implement, and maintain data-driven web applications and services with .NET, RDBMS, and SPA web frameworks.
- Leverage your expertise in object-oriented development to produce designs and code solutions.
- Provide object model and data analysis and participate in solution design activities.
- Build backend services, APIs, and web-based user interfaces.
- Gain an understanding of business requirements, current system operations/functionality and propose new requirements.
- Use previous experiences to contribute to the overall technical architecture.
- Design, build and maintain automated unit and integration tests.
- Mentor members of the engineering team on internal and external frameworks, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Manage quality of code, enforce testing practices and delivery cadence of an engineering team.
- Develop concise, articulate, and detailed documentation.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, including a minimum of 3 years programming in C# and .NET technologies.
- Proficiency in developing n-tiered web applications using modern techniques.
- Skilled in building user interfaces using Angular and/or React, Redux, and Bootstrap.
- Familiarity with Azure and AWS Cloud infrastructure, along with experience in the Fintech or Financial services industry.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, contributing to innovation and driving forward-thinking solutions. Experience in high growth startups is a bonus.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers.
- Strong people skills with an empathetic mindset.
What’s in it for you:
- Guaranteed accelerated learning curve and opportunity to make an impact by joining our lean and entrepreneurial company with the support from two industry-leading powerhouses.
- Competitive salary and additional perks.
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy, becoming part of and growing with a diverse and experienced pool of talents.
- Culture of empowerment, trust, and constructive feedback. We are obsessed with a great customer experience and world class working culture.
- Flexible and remote working culture, 30 vacation days per year and latest hardware.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.