Business Development Intern, Forge Europe
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
Forge is now looking to enter into the European market and, together with its strategic partner Deutsche Börse, has established Forge Europe - the first European marketplace for private company shares with access to global liquidity. Leveraging the technology, track record and expertise of Forge in the US, and the market and regulatory know-how as well as the extensive network of Deutsche Börse, Forge will be launching a European marketplace in 2023 in Germany and the UK, before expanding to the rest of Europe subject to the requisite regulatory approvals being in place).
As an early member of the Forge team in Europe, you will become an integral part of a lean and experienced team of entrepreneurs with diverse backgrounds in engineering, venture capital, law and investment banking. We provide you with the opportunity to build, shape and define the European private market ecosystem by making Forge’s expansion to Europe a success story.
Business Development Intern
Location: Berlin (at the Deutsche Börse Berlin Hub in Berlin-Mitte, close to the Brandenburg Gate)
You will be supporting the BD team on various strategic, business and operational tasks initiated to take institutional sales at Forge Europe off the ground. You will play a crucial role in supporting the team’s efforts to aggregate sell and buy-side demand, conduct market research and provide valuable insights to our clients. If you are interested to explore the venture capital and startup space, this opportunity is the perfect starting point to gain experience in the epicenter of the European venture ecosystem.
In this role, you will:
- Support the BD team across various projects and work streams to build the foundation of institutional sales at Forge Europe.
- Lead business development projects with a focus on client, investor, cap table and market research.
- Support our sales effort, including preparation of client meetings, events and conferences as well as executing on our sales pipeline.
- Support on product discovery to identify and communicate client needs with other Forge Europe teams.
- Support transaction operations and prepare marketing materials and pitch decks.
- Excitement and demonstrated interest in startups, company building and venture capital.
- Entrepreneurial and analytical mindset with eagerness to learn, intellectual curiosity, and proactively take on responsibilities.
- Highly organized and structured work approach that fits well into lean teams, with an independent and result-oriented attitude.
- Relentless commitment to client service above all else.
- Strong people skills with an empathetic mindset.
- You are enrolled in a bachelor’s or master's degree, ideally in business, economics, or equivalent, or you are currently in-your gap year between bachelor and master.
What’s in it for you:
- Guaranteed accelerated learning curve and opportunity to make an impact by joining our lean and entrepreneurial company with the support from two industry-leading powerhouses.
- Competitive salary and additional perks.
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy, becoming part of and growing with a diverse and experienced pool of talents.
- Culture of empowerment, trust, and constructive feedback. We are obsessed with a great customer experience and world class working culture.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.