Director of Enterprise Risk Management
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
The Director of Risk Management will administer and lead the Risk Governance framework for the firm. This will include managing the Board and Management Risk Committee processes, ensuring the firm operates within its stated Risk Appetites, compliance with all Risk Policies. The incumbent will work closely key executives of the firm to identify and report on ongoing and emerging risks and will advise and implement mitigating controls to manage risks. This role is a key hire within the second line of the Firm and will be responsible for conducting periodic Risk Assessments across First line and Control functions. This role will coordinate with the Compliance and Legal departments to ensure that all Regulatory Risks are adequately addressed and will facilitate risk reviews with regulators when required. This role will be responsible for the development of Risk Analytics, Models and Model Review. This role reports to the SVP, Head of Risk.
Role Location: San Francisco Bay Area or New York, NY area. This is a hybrid role with occasional travel to our SF, CA office or NY, NY office depending on your location.
- Periodic update of the Risk Committee Charter, Risk Appetite Statement, Firm Wide Enterprise Risk Policy, Associated Procedures
- Development of Material Risk Inventory, Key Risk Activities (Controls), Key Risk Ratios (Factors/Indicators), Risk Dashboards
- Build Enterprise Risk Reporting tools, Build Risk analytics, Market Intelligence Reports
- Enhance Risk Management of the various stripes under the Enterprise Risk Management umbrella, with owners of the risk (Business Units, Marketing, Information Technology, Compliance, Legal, etc.)
- Develop risk review processes for new product development, new business development, and corporate development activities
- Develop policies, procedures, limits or thresholds (as required), escalation protocols etc. Be a risk advisor and facilitator.
- Establish a quarterly Enterprise Risk Reporting process (for top risks) for the Risk Committee, SoX updates for Audit Committee
- Review external reporting and communication of top risks to Regulators, Auditors, Investors etc.
- Masters degree / CFA / FRM w/ 10 years of experience
- Risk Management experience within regulated financial institutions
- Experience with working in a Broker Dealer, RIA, or management consulting firm desired
- Must have proven experience with developing risk frameworks within organizations
- Ideally has experience building or administering Risk Analytics, Financial Risk Modeling
For residents of San Francisco, CA or New York, NY the annual salary range for this role is $190,000 - $200,000 + bonus + equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on candidate experience and expertise, individual performance, location and other factors.
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.