Shared Services Accounting Manager
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
We are looking for a Shared Services Accounting Manager who will have responsibility for the administration and oversight of internal and external processes and controls related to end-to-end expense management. If you align to our core vales of being bold, accountable, and humble, and want to bring your accounting expertise to Forge to help build the future of the private markets, we'd love to hear from you!
Role Location: San Francisco, CA. This is a hybrid role based out of our SF, CA office.
- Manage operational accounting areas including accounts payable, credit card program, employee reimbursable expenses
- Manage and drive certain areas of the monthly close process with discipline, punctuality, and accuracy including vendor payables, employee payables, operating expense accruals
- Perform analytical reviews of assigned areas of the financial statements, including fluctuation analysis
- Manage/execute annual 1099 reporting for vendors.
- Support internal reporting needs around vendor spend, partner with FP&A on related internal reporting
- Partner with vendor risk management team to maintain procurement policy
- Maintain corporate T&E policy and review expenses for adherence to policy
- Perform as a key participant in independent annual audits and quarterly reviews including supporting internal SOX audits
- Supervise and review reconciliations within assigned areas of financial reporting to ensure accurate and complete financial information.
- Support External Reporting on certain disclosures involving purchase commitments
- Assist with invoicing and accounts receivable
- Manage outsourced accounts payable team
- Assist with tax accounting including sales & use and gross receipts/franchise taxes
- Participate in implementation of procure to pay system
- 5+ years of shared service procure-to-pay experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong with Excel.
- Ownership of accounting operational processes and experience with automation of operational processes
- Experience managing parts of the accounting close process
- Demonstrated competency with customer service, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, timeline management skills and attention to detail
- Experience managing outsourced resources
- Experience working with external auditors and tax providers
- Ability to work cross-functionally to obtain all relevant facts, understand business requirements, articulate accounting requirements and communicate conclusions
- A desire to work in a fast growing, exciting and agile business
- Accounting degree
- NetSuite and Airbase procurement experience
- Industry experience in fintech and/or financial services
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA and New York the salary range for this role is $115,000-$125,000 + bonus + equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, annual bonus, and other factors.
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.