Principal Security Engineer
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
Principal Engineers are both visionary leaders and hands-on builders. As Forge’s most senior individual contributors, Principal Engineers work on our hardest problems. Principal Engineers venture beyond comfortable approaches to pioneer new spaces and inspire others as to what is possible.
The security organization is solving interesting problems across a wide range of businesses, from protecting Forge web properties to improving the SDLC to end-point protection to creating security dashboards that provide deep awareness of what is happening and where. Your vision will be instrumental in building innovative solutions that will change the private shares space around the world.
As the Principal Engineer, you will lead security architect across all production capabilities, will own the vision and push the strategic security roadmap vision for Forge by building and providing the best-in-class security solutions for protecting both to our customers and our organization’s information and data.
- Conduct thorough reviews to analyze security considerations, providing expert guidance for aligning solutions with the standards of a highly regulated financial institution
- Develop Security Tactics and Procedures through application of strong software engineering skills to create Security Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) that enhance protection based on a deep understanding of our technology landscape
- Drive cybersecurity initiatives such as secure SDLC, penetration testing, security operations, encryption, and identity management, ensuring alignment with industry best practices
- Improve data visibility and Integration by integrated various data sources to enhance alerts and dashboards, strengthening our ability to detect, respond, and mitigate security threats effectively
- Serve as Cybersecurity subject matter expert and guide for internal stakeholders on effective cybersecurity strategies including providing expert guidance on customer protection, research against evolving threats, and industry trends.
- Ensure compliance through monitoring and enforcing regulations and establishing best practices, collaborating with auditors to maintain a robust security posture for the organization
- 15+ years in a security engineering role with a proven track record of expertise, leadership, ability to educate and support teams on secure development
- One or more relevant certifications such as CEH, SSCP, CISSP, AWS Certified Security, or equivalent and familiarity with applicable NIST standards such as NIST CSF, NIST 80053, NIST 800-223, NIST 800-207A
- Experience in the following technologies: Okta, AWS IAM, Azure Entra ID, and SPIRE Firm understanding of security protocols including OAuth, OIDC, SAML, TLS, mTLS, PKI, and SPIFFE
- Extensive experience and skill architecting and developing secure distributed applications, particularly those built around a zero-trust framework
- Expertise in securing infrastructure on AWS and Azure cloud platforms using PaaS and IaaS services, with a focus on security in container orchestration platforms using managed and self-hosted Kubernetes and Docker containers
- Successful implementation of security testing in CI/CD workflows, preferably using tools like GitHub Actions, GitHub Advanced Security, or similar tools such as Snyk
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering or relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills with a strong sense of ownership and drive, fostering effective collaboration within the team and across the organization
- Exhibit experience in dealing with challenges, making decisions with a sense of urgency, and the ability to navigate complex issues efficiently. Have a bias for action coupled with empathy, driving the resolution of difficult technical issues, dependencies, and questions
- Showcase the ability to deep-dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design sustainable improvements and solutions
- Display an appetite for change, pushing the boundaries by proactively seeking out creative ways to deliver added value within the constraints of time and resources, contributing to the continuous improvement of processes and outcomes
- Experience with Event-Driven architectures is a big plus
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA or New York, NY the annual salary range for this role is $235,000- $255,000 + bonus & equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, bonus, and other factors
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.