Associate, Private Securities Group
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
From day one, our new associates benefit from collaborative, mentoring relationships, often interacting with senior executives at the companies we cover and getting to know our best institutional clients. The result is a truly enriching experience that provides opportunities to build your existing skills and develop a keen understanding of the industry. Associates will eventually be responsible for owning client relationships and delivering on transaction outcomes.
- Assist the team with day-to-day responsibilities, such as communication with customers and collecting new client data
- Develop and manage client relationships
- Perform client due diligence
- Take an active role in developing, structuring and executing transactions
- Prepare client presentations and deliverables for senior management
- Work with various internal groups and point persons, such as Research Analysts and Marketing
- Participate in the development of business prospects from current customers, referrals and networking
- Once ramped, you will monetize client relationship and own transaction outcomes
- Ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience in financial services
- Bachelor’s degree in an area such as finance, economics or business
- Series 7 and 63 certified
- Must be comfortable working in a hybrid in-office / remote working environment
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time in an office setting or in home office setting while working
- Ability to multi-task and adaptable to changing and dynamic situations
- Understanding of institutional equity research and sales
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and organization skills; candidates must be very detail oriented
- Independent thinker and self-starter with the motivation to learn about and excel in a growing industry
- Must be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA the annual salary range for this role is $90,000-$110,000 + bonus + equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, annual bonus, and other factors.
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.