Staff Platform Engineer
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
Forge’s software engineering team is passionate about innovation and building scalable solutions that drive liquidity and growth in the private market. Our teams are leveraging a broad range of new technologies and are well-versed in delivering high quality, innovative solutions. We thrive on moving fast, delivering value, and living our values of being bold, humble, and accountable.
We are seeking engineers with at least 6 years of experience delivering innovative software solutions that are scalable, secure, and easy to maintain. The ideal candidate thrives in team settings, enjoys pair programming, and focuses on delivering value.
Our Platform Engineering team’s mission is to engineer best-in-class platforms and developer experiences that increase system performance and maximize developer productivity. Expectations of the role include engineering scalable cloud native solutions, efficient developer toolchains that work anywhere (localhost, remote, cloud), core services, automated developer onboarding, automated infrastructure, CI/CD, and secure supply chain. This will be a hybrid role with 1-2 days a week onsite.
- Design, implement, and maintain containerized systems and toolchains that power development environments and run responsive and reliable full-stack web applications
- Build and strengthen developer environment, application frameworks, and CI/CD scripts that support a myriad of platforms and technologies
- Work with developers, architects, and tech leads to arrive at solutions that improve the developer experience and ensure platform health and adoption
- Engage with development teams across the company to evangelize platform capabilities, best practices, and adoption
- Develop concise, articulate, and detailed technical documentation
- Leverage Agile and Lean practices as part of a team
- Participate in analysis/research, refine technical requirements, and execute assigned work items
- Design, build and maintain application infrastructure using infrastructure as code
- Support healthy system operations and ensure high levels of availability are achieved through observability and continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of working experience as a Software Engineer
- 6+ years of software engineering, platform engineering, or DevOps experience
- Experience with containers and container orchestration platforms (Docker, Compose, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with one or more CI/CD toolchains such as GitHub, CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of public cloud platforms with proven experience with AWS
- Experience developing production applications with a range of programming languages
- Experience with various scripting languages (shell, bash, etc.)
- Experience developing multi-tier distributed web applications using modern techniques
- Experience with one or more configuration management and infrastructure automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Terraform
- Experience with log analysis tools such as Splunk, Datadog, Honeycomb or ELK stack
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time in an at home/office setting while working
- Experience building application frameworks in .NET Core or Java
- Experience developing single page applications in React
- Fintech or Financial services industry experience with working knowledge of financial regulators and their concerns. Working knowledge of the private capital market highly desired
- Experience at high-growth, venture-backed startups
- Advanced knowledge of Postgres database administration
- Cloud based network administration
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA or New York, NY the annual salary range for this role is $215,000-$225,000 base salary + bonus & equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, bonus, and other factors
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.