Staff Quality Assurance Engineer - Trading Platform
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
The Staff Quality Engineer position at Forge entails leading the creation of comprehensive test strategies for complex projects, ensuring thorough coverage of customer use cases and driving early testing practices especially with large trading systems. The role involves prioritizing and implementing valuable automation tests, fostering collaboration among teams to enhance code quality, and swiftly acquiring domain knowledge. The Staff Quality Engineer's responsibilities contribute significantly to improving product quality, optimizing testing efficiency, and aligning with Forge's core values, ultimately delivering exceptional product experiences and reinforcing Forge's commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction.
This is a hybrid role. This role requires the candidate to be in our NYC office at least two days a week
- Develop comprehensive “bottom-up” test strategies and plans tailored for the trading team
- Craft detailed test plans covering various customer use cases specific to our Trading platform, including functional, compliance, and legal aspects
- Engage in projects from initiation to identify gaps in requirements and failure modes in the design, with a focus on trading functionalities
- Act as a force multiplier to assist developers in shifting testing left, improve code quality, especially within the context of our Trading team
- Automate tests based on value and priority, with a keen understanding of the unique challenges in trading platform environments
- Collaborate closely with product, design, information security, and business teams to swiftly grasp domain knowledge related to the Trading team
- Provide technical expertise in issue diagnosis and resolution offering workaround solutions or escalating as needed
- 10+ years within software testing ideally with a focus on trading platforms
- Proven experience in the fintech, trading, or financial services industry
- Ability to lead quality testing initiatives and efforts for trading systems and applications
- Expertise in test automation on UI, API, or other domains, with a deep understanding of the unique challenges in trading environments
- Demonstrated experience enhancing existing Test Automation frameworks such as Cypress, Playwright, Selenium, etc. or similar tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant experience in related field in lieu of degree
- Deep exposure to E2E Automation, contract testing, API Automation
- Familiarity with CI/CD Pipelines
- Proven ability to provide mentorship and guidance to other quality engineers
- Demonstrated track record of teamwork and successful deliveries
- Exposure working with high-growth, venture-backed startups
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.