Data Engineering Technical Lead
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
As a Tech Lead for Data at Forge, you will bring your substantial experience in data solutions to help unlock the power of our data for our customers. You will handle the increasing complexity and demand for data from various sources, enabling customers to make informed investment decisions. You will lead the data engineering team in designing and implementing a cutting-edge data platform and pipelines along with direct collaboration with crucial teams such as Product, Research, and Engineering enhance the data platform.
- Design, develop and maintain a data platform that is accurate, secure, available, and fast
- Engineer efficient, adaptable, and scalable data pipelines to process data
- Lead workstream(s) within a lean and agile environment from requirements gathering to creating plan of actionable tasks for the team
- Provide coaching, mentorship members of the data team on architecture, software development best practices, and new technologies
- Create standardized datasets and perform data quality on data sources to automate and maintain a quality control capability
- Partner with product and engineering to ensure product changes integrate well with the data platform
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience as a Data Engineer
- 1+ years of experience leading, coaching, and providing mentorship to software engineers in an agile environment
- Hands-on and deep experience using Star/Snowflake for schema design, data modeling, data pipeline and MLOps
- Proficient in Data Warehouse technologies (e.g. Snowflake, AWS Redshift, etc) and in AWS data pipelines (Lambda, AWS glue, Step functions, Airflow etc)
- Familiarity working with Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, and Jupyter notebooks, Git, GitHub, JIRA, SQL and at least one major programming language like Python, Java
- Previous experience working in Financial Services or FinTech space
- 1+ years of management experience – Player Coach – providing mentorship
- Experience migrating data sets and workflows between data platforms and services
- Familiarity with stream processing and event driven architecture
- Comfortable moving quickly and working in a fast-paced, agile, lean environment
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA or New York, NY the annual salary range for this role is $165,000 - $175,000 + bonus + equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, annual bonus, and other factors.
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.