Senior Data Engineer
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will design and build a data platform and pipelines to empower our customers with data related questions. You will work closely with IT, Data Analytics, Product and Engineering to design and enhance our data platform and with Security, Legal, and Compliance to help establish and maintain data governance. As our customer base leverages key data from multiple sources, the quantity, demand and complexity of that data has accelerated; you will handle the increasing complexity and demand for data from various sources, enabling customers to make informed investment decisions.
- Design, build, and maintain robust and scalable data pipelines using Python, AWS services (e.g., S3, Redshift, Glue, Fivetran, Snowflake, Postgres, and other relevant data technologies
- Partner with IT, Data Analytics, Product, Engineering, Legal and other key business units to understand requirements and implement solutions for data deliver, data platform enhancements, ensure effective data governance
- Develop and implement data quality standards including defining data quality metrics and processes to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and completeness
- Create data lineage and metadata management: Implement tools and processes to track the origin, transformation, and usage of data throughout its lifecycle.
- Maintain consistency and accuracy of core data across the organization through Master Data Management (MDM)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing data platforms, scalable data pipelines and tiered architecture using technologies (AWS Redshift, Lambda, Glue, Step functions)
- 5+ years of proven expertise designing schema with Snowflake (or similar)
- Proficiency in programming languages such as SQL and Python; ETL/MLOps tools like PySpark and Airflow; cloud environments like AWS
- Building data solutions and data sets across multiple domains at an Enterprise level
- Experience with Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Jupyter notebooks, Git, GitHub, and JIRA
- Previous experience working in Private Markets, Financial Services or FinTech space
- Experience migrating from legacy technologies to modern technologies
- Comfortable moving quickly and working in a fast-paced, agile XP, lean environment
- Working with near-shore and off-shore teams a big plus
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.