Staff Software Engineer, Trading
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
Forge’s software engineering team is passionate about innovation and building scalable solutions that drive liquidity and growth in the private market. As a Staff Software Engineer at Forge, you will leverage a broad range of new technologies and build high quality solutions for our trading platform. We thrive on moving fast, delivering value, and living our values of being bold, humble, and accountable.
This will be a hybrid role where you'll have to monthly onsite visits to our New York City office. You will occasionally have to sit and/or stand at a desk in an office setting while working.
- Design and develop modular, cloud-native applications that are easily testable, highly available, scalable and optimized for effective monitoring
- Adopt a data-driven approach in application development, utilizing data analytics to refine the application experience while strategically balancing incremental value delivery with the goal of achieving cloud-based, CI/CD-driven delivery
- Understand and integrate the business needs into the technical architecture; continuously refining it to deliver a resilient, redundant, scalable, and performant brokerage platform and marketplace that operates globally in the cloud
- Be an active participant in code reviews to provide constructive feedback on design, complexity, implementation, testing and style
- Actively mentor junior engineers, fostering technical skill growth within the team. Promote a culture of feedback and continuous improvement, contributing to the overall expertise and collaborative spirit of the engineering department
- Collaborate with business and technology leadership to innovate solutions for immediate challenges and progress towards strategic trading workflow goals. Guide engineering teammates through solution design, implementation, and changing requirements
- Create clear, concise documentation that engineers can follow to understand and support the systems developed
- 10+ years of hands-on software engineering experience with BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, C#, Typescript, C++, or other compiled languages
- Demonstrated experience with developing event-driven or event sourced systems
- Knowledgable in data modeling, messaging, REST, design patterns and best practices for system integration
- Established infrastructure fundamentals such as Unix, networks, scripting, SSH, Kerberos
- Development on public cloud technologies and practitioner of cloud native deployment principles
- Knowledge of trading systems, risk applications, fixed income and derivatives
- Experience migrating existing workloads to cloud preferred
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA or New York, NY the annual salary range for this role is $215,000-$225,000 base salary + bonus & equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, bonus, and other factors
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.