Senior Back-End Developer, Gigster Network
Do you want to work on cutting-edge projects with the world’s best developers? Do you wish you could control which projects to work on and choose your own pay rate? Are you interested in the future of work and how the cloud will form teams? If so - the Gigster Talent Network is for you.
At Gigster, whether working with entrepreneurs to realize 'the next great vision' or with Fortune 500 companies to deliver a big product launch, we build really cool solutions that make a difference! From blockchain to AI/ML to VR and more, Gigster builds enterprise software on cutting-edge technology.
We are seeking highly skilled Senior Back End Developers to join our Talent Network. As a Senior Back End Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining scalable and high-performance backend systems. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including front-end developers, product managers, and DevOps engineers, to build and maintain reliable and robust systems that meet the needs of our customers.
- Leading the design, development, and maintenance of scalable and high-performance backend systems using languages such as Java, Python, C#, Node.js, or Ruby on Rails.
- Writing clean, well-documented, and maintainable code that follows software engineering best practices.
- Developing and maintaining APIs that are used by front-end developers to build web applications.
- Ensuring high availability and fault tolerance of backend systems through redundancy, failover, and disaster recovery planning.
- Continuously monitoring and improving application security through vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- Mentoring and guiding junior back-end developers, providing technical expertise, and fostering their professional growth.
- Conducting thorough code reviews, ensuring high-quality code, adherence to best practices, and code optimization.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in back-end development and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborating closely with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to identify and define application requirements.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and maintaining backend systems.
- Strong knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, and Redis.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, and/or Azure.
- Experience working with WordPress.
- Experience with microservices architecture and containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git) and collaborative development workflows (e.g., Agile/Scrum).
- Leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Benefits - We don’t call them perks, they’re just part of what makes working at Gigster great.
- World-class network. Be part of a network with the most talented people in the world.
- Amazing cutting-edge projects. Pick the projects from F500 companies that you’re interested in.
- 100% remote and global. Live your best life, wherever that may be, and never lose out on career opportunities because of it.
- Flexible work hours. There is a time to overlap with the customer’s timezone, but most of the time, we work asynchronously and don’t care when you’re online, just that you deliver great results.
- Flexible offerings. Choose how many hours you want to work and how much you want to earn.
- Swag! Because who doesn’t love swag?
The Gigster Talent Network is a highly curated set of the best software developers in the world. It’s not easy to become part of this select network - but when you do - you will work amongst the best from Silicon Valley and around the world.
Our model is unique in the software development industry. We do the hard work of finding the US clients and scoping their projects - and you get to choose from a large variety of ‘Gigs’. You can choose Gigs that fit your schedule - from 10, 20, or 40 hours a week. You also get to choose your pay rate. All projects are staffed with a project manager, full stack team, QA, and DevOps.
All of our projects are for top-tier US companies and are delivered with the highest quality. Projects range from developing NFT marketplaces to VR imaging for medical use to large AI/ML projects. We even produce a case study for every project delivered - so you can take that with you as part of your portfolio.
In parallel - you will have access to an exclusive and energized network of the world’s most skilled experts. Community members collaborate inside and outside of Gigs - as well as at local community events, online hackathons, competitions, etc. The Gigster Talent Network is more than a simple marketplace - it’s truly an exclusive club.
Are you talented enough to be in the club?