Senior Software Engineer, Partnerships (Remote, U.S. & Canada)
You will work closely with outside partners meeting with them regularly to manage projects including developing new features, adding customizations, fixing bugs, providing product information to partners, gathering requirements, suggesting enhancements, monitoring application performance, among others. You will be the primary contact for our outside partners and will also have access to OhmConnect's engineering, product, CX and marketing teams to assist you. As such, the role encompasses a lot of different talents and is a great opportunity for a software engineer wanting to expand their skill set and get more management experience.
Who we are
OhmConnect was founded to improve the lives of people and the health of the planet by reimagining the way we use energy. We are solving massive inefficiencies in energy markets, changing how people use and view energy, and connecting smart homes with the smart grid. We build products that connect deeply with consumers and invite them to take action to positively impact the planet, their communities, and their wallets.
What we do
Our products encompass:
- Consumer facing applications that use home automation control and user behavior modeling to shape consumer energy consumption.
- Integrations with a growing set of devices and appliances - smart plugs, thermostats, EV chargers, air conditioning, water heaters, etc.
- Smart Meter data ingestion and analysis for consumer consumption forecast.
- Bidding, monitoring and settlement processes for energy markets.
What you will do
- Design, develop, test and deploy new code and maintain existing code for our partners.
- Learn the variations of our partner's products and communicate product information.
- Collaborate with internal business development and account management resources to understand and manage partner needs.
- Gather requirements from our partners
- Suggest improvements to our partners that will increase the value of our products to them
- Monitor application performance, server performance and errors
- Participate in OhmConnect's agile development process as well as participate daily in our partner's development processes.
- Knowledge of server-side languages, especially Python.
- Solid understanding of SQL databases.
- A “systems” mindset: the ability to generalize and apply solutions to a broad set of problems.
- Dedication to writing clean, robust code, with good unit test coverage.
- Self-driven, curious, results-oriented; able to thrive in a remote environment.
- Enjoy a fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Desire for a career that makes an impact through our mission to rally people to change how and when they use electricity — unlocking clean, affordable and reliable energy.
- Excellent 1-on-1 and team communication skills.
- Reliability, follow-through, and the technical know-how to solve complex problems independently and share that knowledge with others.
- 5+ years software development experience preferred.
What you'll get
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
- Real and lived work-life balance - Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate values of working sustainably and putting families first.
- Competitive benefits package that includes full suite of wellness benefits and stock options.
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about halting climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day.
- Base salary: $153 - $196k
Not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Individuals seeking employment at OhmConnect are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identification, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?