Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Peerspace invites people to find, share, and book the most magical spaces in the world. Since 2014, our community has been opening the door to thousands of spaces - from lofts and mansions to storefronts and studios - helping people to create one-of-a-kind experiences that would not be possible elsewhere. In total, over 10 million people have been welcomed into a Peerspace location, and we're looking for people who want to help us reach the next 100 million.
At Peerspace, it's our goal to make every space a source of inspiration and creativity for businesses and professionals across the world. We solve problems in the short-term real estate market which means we have to empathize with our guests and hosts to uncover unmet needs. Building a diverse design team that is capable of researching, collaborating, supporting, and creating engaging user-experiences is key to executing our business strategy.
We are seeking a Staff Product Designer to join our dynamic design team. As a Staff Designer, you will champion design initiatives for at least one of our development pods. This is a critical position where you will have a direct impact on our customers and help shape the Peerspace journey forward.
You will play an instrumental role in refining our contact-to-book journeys, amplifying our host-centric tools, elevating our native mobile app experience, and nurturing the growth and consistency of the Peerspace Design System, emphasizing native mobile nuances.
This role reports to the Director of Design.
What you’ll do
● Enhance and optimize our contact-to-book experience, ensuring a seamless and intuitive process for our customers
● Partner with product and engineering teams to enhance our Host-centric tools
● Develop and maintain a unified design system that aligns with standards, prioritizing native touchpoints
● Rapidly design, prototype, and test concepts for product features based on a deep understanding of business and customer needs, channels, and technology
● Define and visualize current and future customer experiences with relevant artifacts such as service standards, concepts, journey maps, wireframes, frameworks, personas, interactive prototypes, and polished visual designs
● Plan and lead design thinking workshops and events with internal teams, stakeholders, partners, and users
● Lead and contribute to design practice rituals, processes, and develop new standards to mature the craft of the design team
● Champion a design-driven ethos throughout the organization
Who you are
● 5+ years as an individual contributor in product design
● Creative and entrepreneurial problem solver who gets things done and can effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams — designers, product, data, engineers, operations, brand and marketing, and CX to actualize design ideas and build coherent end-to-end experiences
● Sets a high bar for product design quality, systems thinking, and steers design execution to achieve customer and business goals, providing guidance to other designers for well-rounded solutions
● Proficiency in designing across responsive web and designing for native mobile platforms, emphasizing responsiveness and consistency
● Skilled at organizing and prioritizing tasks
● Stays up-to-date with the latest design trends, techniques, and technologies to bring the best practices into the product design process
● Experience shipping successful products that considers global accessibility
● Inclusive, open-minded, self-aware and eager to continuously learn. You have a passion for designing products and are genuinely excited about Peerspace's mission.
● Portfolio of relevant past work that represents who you are as a designer and demonstrates a strong track record of delivering high quality product design work. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
● Proficiency in design software such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite. Familiarity with integrating AI tools within the design process ethically and responsibly is a plus.
● Excellent communication and collaboration skills
● Problem-solving mindset and a keen eye for detail
Working At Peerspace
The annual salary range for this role is $150,000 to $175,000. The actual salary amount will vary depending on the applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities as well as internal equity and market data.
Peerspace is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work™ and we're a remote first company with team members located in cities around the globe. Beyond competitive salary and equity compensation, we provide a range of benefits and perks, including:
● 100% employee coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
● $500 annual professional development allowance
● Discount on all Peerspace bookings
● Laptop, high resolution display, and stipend to setup home office
● Co-working membership if needed (in lieu of home office)
● Monthly cell phone and internet credit
● Access to the Peerspace network of inspiring spaces to do your best work
● Flexible take it as you need it time off policy
● Wellness Fridays observed company wide
● Biannual in-person, all company offsites and team-building events (in Peerspace locations, of course)
At Peerspace, we're dedicated to creating a team that's diverse, equitable and inclusive. Our workplace is a space where all team members are empowered to blaze their own trail, make things happen, and take pride in their work. We believe bringing people together from different backgrounds and identities makes us stronger and better serves the Peerspace community. We'd especially like to encourage applicants from different backgrounds, locations, and experiences to apply.