Account Executive, Entertainment Sales
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
The Account Executive, Global Group Accounts is responsible for growing Sonder’s RevPar through booking and RFP management of inbound group business, primarily within the entertainment and sports business segments. The Account Executive, Global Group Accounts will lean on their prior experience to secure future group blocks for Sonder’s priority cities and hotel & apartment inventory - keenly focused on mid-week business. Well versed in the hospitality sales process and skilled at simultaneously managing multiple projects, this position will also act as the liaison between the Key Account Director and the Sales Coordinator to ensure a flawless booking process for all group attendees, planners and decision makers. This seller is a self leader and knows how to proactively nurture relationships with a tactical approach to drive overall revenue and brand loyalty.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Capture and convert inbound leads generated through our Global Sales Team.
- Leverage your experience and network to capture inbound accounts in key cities that are an optimal fit for Sonder.
- Leverage your sales super powers to build a base of business among relevant group travel buyers, ensuring the pipeline of prospect accounts is always full and growing.
- Account Management: Drive the process through to operation hand-off, with a focus on rooms only group business.
- Continue to develop and maintain account production in key Sonder cities by utilizing our account management system to manage the process and information.
- Work closely with partner teams such as Sales Operations & Strategy, Revenue Management, Finance, and Inside Sales to ensure that group accounts’ needs are met from a booking and service perspective.
- Work with Key Account Directors, Sales Coordinators & Market Operations to create successful ‘hand-off’ of group guests from booking to post-booking, to pre-arrival to arrival phases of the stay.
- Assist with customer service inquiries for group accounts and ensure quick resolution while also keeping all internal stakeholders updated.
- Provide consistent, exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Ensure all leads are accurately entered into and managed in Salesforce.
- Actively participate in departmental and cross-functional meetings.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Proven experience successfully driving hotel group sales, and nurturing existing clients, in a growing service-based organization.
- Ideal candidate will have area sales experience within the entertainment and\or sports segments.
- Proven success as a trail-blazer, incredible ability and passion for building something new in a growing organization.
- Proven success in driving an organization’s revenue through targeting, negotiating with, and securing new productive partnerships and business.
- Thorough understanding of hospitality sales process. Understanding of hospitality reservations, rate quoting, and distribution processes is very beneficial.
- Incredible balance of left & right brain; extremely organized and extremely communicative.
- Solid financial acumen; understands how the team’s goals support the organization’s financial goals.
- Passion, positivity, and an ability to flex with a growing organization!
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
Something looks off?