Senior Front Desk Hospitality Agent
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in 35+ cities spanning 10 countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Hospitality Agent will be to expertly delegate and coordinate tasks to Hospitality Agents. Our Senior Hospitality Agents will also be responsible for his/her ability to complete tasks in an efficient manner, problem-solve issues independently and quickly, implement processes, communicate internally and externally, and analyze trends and data.
If you’re ready for an evolving and fast-paced environment that is focused on delivering amazing guest experiences, we’d love to hear from you!
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Coordinate and dispatch Hospitality Agents’ daily tasks by prioritizing and delegating tasks for outgoing and incoming Hospitality Agent teams through to completion
- Respond to day-to-day guest requests, issues and other outreach using the Sonder service principles
- Work alongside other Hospitality Agents and our remote guest experience team, taking ownership of issues and ensuring they are completed to the highest degree without supervision
- Guide guests through the Sonder experience, ensuring they have an amazing first impression
- Coordinate workforce in the field to ensure appropriate staffing levels and all guest needs are met
- Troubleshoot minor maintenance and technology issues (e.g., upholstery stain removal, light bulb replacements, access to units, wifi connectivity or overseeing contractor appointments)
- Perform housekeeping quality audits and inventory checks in our units to ensure that hospitality standards are met consistently and robust feedback to our vendors is relayed in a timely fashion
- Assist with inventory duties such as preparing turnover kits, receiving deliveries, and tracking linen/consumables
- Maintenance and organization of working spaces including office, storage closets, warehouse and others, as assigned
- Travel to multiple Sonder properties throughout the local market, as required
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Minimum 2 years experience working in hospitality, service or customer service
- Guest-centric and positive mindset
- Communicate effectively and ability to set the right cultural tone for the team
- Organized, hard working, and detail-oriented
- Comfort with ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities
- Ability to take initiative and comfort in independent problem solving with the humility to ask for help when needed
- Effective communicator who can influence others to drive results
- Thrives in a fast paced, ever-changing, always challenging startup environment
- Unintimidated by using mobile apps while in the field for team collaboration and communication
- Flexible schedule and open to working evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift/carry items up to 50 pounds and stand/walk for extended periods of time
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone for work purposes. (Expense reimbursement available)
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone, reliable transportation and willingness to travel between properties on a daily basis when working. (Reliable transportation includes biking, walking, public transportation, scooter and/or other forms of transit that provide reasonable work associated transit times between locations)
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
Something looks off?