Business Resolutions Specialist
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
We’re looking for customer-focused problem solvers to join our Trust & Safety team as Business Resolution Specialists to troubleshoot critical guest issues, build playbooks, and take our guest experience to the next level.
If you are hard working, empathetic, entrepreneurial, solutions oriented, and ready to jump into the startup world then this is the job for you.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Investigate, analyze, coordinate, and facilitate the resolution of sensitive and complex incidents, crises, and situations. The focus is on guest service recovery, mitigating risk and protecting the Sonder brand.
- Own the most critically escalated situations (e-mail/call/chat), from investigation through resolution, for guests that require additional support, including cross-functional communications and creative compensation decisions.
- Operations Support: You will anticipate, prevent and triage incidents as they arise by ensuring continuous monitoring of internal communication channels as well prompt support when required.
- Assess escalations and quickly determine and apply appropriate policies to situations that may include: acts of violence, thefts, disruptive guests, prostitution, drug dealing, recovered weapons, guests/employees injuries, and natural disasters.
- Lead gathering the facts and details necessary to fully understand and resolve situations by working directly with guests, city team leadership, legal, risk management, security, senior leadership and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Support city team’s efforts to address disruptive guests and recover losses related to their stay by processing ejections, banning future stays and charging security deposit.
- Ensure that resolutions involving compensation are consistent and equitable based on unique circumstances and similar incident resolutions.
- Aid Market Teams in the management of Emergency and Crisis situations as needed and directed.
- Facilitates the tracking, follow ups and timely resolution of all tasks.
- Analyze incident trends to identify and implement process changes to improve risk mitigation and through SOP drafting and annual SOP adjustments.
- Create and deliver inter-departmental training as well as coaching to improve understanding and address opportunities as needed.
- May participate in interviews of potential Business Resolution team members with team supervisor or as a panel to provide perspective on candidates fit to the team, as requested. Additionally, may participate in new hire training, as requested.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, independant problem solving, and decision making, particularly under pressure and in ambiguous situations
- Highly effective communication, both verbal and written, with ability to tailor messages to audience
- Skilled at collaboration and relationship management through building trust, credibility and teamwork.
- Highly organized with experience prioritizing multiple functions and tasks while managing time efficiently without compromising quality
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Proven experience in customer service, hospitality, or a role with a particular focus on escalations.
- Ability to take initiative and are comfortable with independent problem solving with the humility to ask for help.
- Driving for results, moving with a sense of urgency, anticipating challenges and acting proactively.
- Incredibly hardworking and willing to do what it takes for us to reach our goals.
- Schedule flexibility.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
Something looks off?