Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in 40+ cities spanning 10 countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Our IT Department is seeking a highly talented Network Engineer for the design, oversight, support and management of distributed LAN / WAN / Wireless environments for our global Sonder customer buildings . The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of network and wireless technology and be able to develop and maintain scripts to automate network and wireless infrastructure. The candidate will also be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the organization's network and wireless systems.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Partner with internal stakeholders, vendors, and IT management to own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within the larger business initiatives of a hyper-growth company
- Interact with the IT Service Desk and other cross functional teams to assist in network troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Design, model, and document network standards and run books that can support our local city team’s in the sourcing, design, and implementation of network systems
- The desire to develop, document, and evangelize Corporate network standards, policies, and operational runbooks
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate network and wireless infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve network and wireless infrastructure issues
- Ensure network and wireless systems are secure and compliant with industry standards
- Conduct regular maintenance of network and wireless infrastructure
- Responsible for developing high-level and low-level survey design activities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve complex network and wireless issues
- Stay up-to-date with new network and wireless technologies and trends
- Position reports to our Manager, Network Services
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Minimum 3 years experience supporting global wireless, LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, and firewall deployments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Proven experience as a Network/Wireless Engineer
- Strong understanding of network and wireless technology
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals, and knowledge of networking technologies such as SD-WAN, SASE, Zero Trust, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, OSI Network Model
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, and Bash
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to global NOC/SOC operations is a plus
- Nice to Have: Python and/or the ability to create shell scripts and leverage API’s
- Relevant industry certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, etc.) are a plus
- Experience in Ekahau is a plus
- Travel up to 25% of the time
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
Something looks off?