Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
We’re growing incredibly quickly and need someone who breathes hospitality and operations to build a team, develop processes, and scale them as we grow. Considering Sonder’s expansion plans throughout the world, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth for the right candidate.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- As Property Manager, you will own our quality standards for Sonder spaces, to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Establish and maintain relationships with landlords and partners to ensure that we are receiving timely and important updates (i.e. construction, repairs, lease end dates, renewals, etc)
- Liaise with landlords and partners when maintenance or other requests need completion
- Ensure that requests to landlords are documented and updated in our internal lease tracking system
- Schedule maintenance work by communicating with our customer service team, ensuring that repairs are not inconvenient to guests
- Collaborate with our Hospitality Team to ensure that repairs and preventative maintenance work are being scheduled and completed in a timely manner
- Manage a team of internal maintenance technicians and external contractors
- Lead special operations projects as needed
- Ensure that contractual obligations by Sonder and landlords are followed (i.e. maintenance, exterminators, etc)
- Act as a liaison between finance teams and landlords to ensure that rent is paid accurately on time, including tracking any adjustments
- Act as manager-on-call from time to time
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience, including prior property management and people management
- Experience in hotel and/or large-scale residential property management (200+ apartments)
- Proven track record of prioritizing numerous tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines
- Very strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to see the big picture and strategize while prioritizing relentlessly and keeping an eye on the details
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
- Ability to interact with senior management, external client organizations and vendors
- A perfectionist, obsessing over all the details
- Experience in real estate development is a plus
- Ability and interest in getting one’s hands dirty when needed - be it meeting a contractor or delivering towels in an emergency, you’re willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- This role requires a reliable vehicle to use for work, a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record with proof of insurance.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
Something looks off?