Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in 40+ cities spanning 10 countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Considering Sonder’s global expansion plans, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth for the right candidate.
The Operations Manager’s (“OM”) mandate is simple but challenging: Own our day-to-day operations throughout the market and ensure our guests have the best experience possible.
The OM oversees all aspects of hospitality operations. You will be responsible for ensuring that guest needs are met and that every Sonder meets brand standards of functionality and cleanliness. You will develop relationships with housekeeping companies and other vendors, as well as manage a team of hourly hospitality staff to meet these goals.
We’re growing incredibly quickly and need someone who breathes hospitality, operations, and start-up life to build a team, develop processes, and scale them as we grow.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Work closely with the General Manager and/or Senior Operations Manager to build and improve operations
- Build and improve a world-class team of operations and guest-facing staff
- Develop, refine, and scale processes as we grow to 1000+ units
- Work hard to drive down costs and improve continuously
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our HQs to optimize strategies and tactics
- Build a culture of “hospitality everywhere” among our guest operations team
- Manage a team of amazing frontline team members including coaching, training, and career progression support
- Serve as acting ‘manager on duty’ (MOD) outside of normal business hours when required
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- A disciplined worker who can DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to get the job done
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in hospitality operations
- Minimum 3 years of management experience
- Past experience with early- or mid-stage startups
- Project management experience either in industry or in hospitality consulting
- A proven ability to handle ambiguity in the absence of defined systems and processes
- Experience with RFPs, contract negotiation, and management of external partners
- Exceptional people skills and experience in hiring, training, coaching, and managing hourly employees
- A creative thinker that challenges assumptions and wants to participate in changing the hospitality landscape
- Proficiency with Google applications. Willingness to embrace new technology. Slack, Asana, and project management software experience preferred
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone and a reliable vehicle to use for work, a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record with proof of insurance.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.