Key Account Director (Central)
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in 40+ cities spanning 10 countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
The Key Account Director (Central) is responsible for strategically growing Sonder’s top-line revenue globally by proactively targeting and focusing on growing Sonder’s footprint within Central USA. This new position will leverage established relationships and learned best practices to open doors to new partnerships. He/she/they will be prospecting, managing, maintaining and closing accounts in order to significantly grow Sonder’s share within the segment for both transient & group opportunities. This sales professional knows how to proactively grow and nurture a wide range of client relationships and work with partner teams to support accounts’ needs throughout the annual business travel and group booking cycle.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Prospect Accounts: Leverage your experience and network to identify accounts that are an optimal fit for Sonder. Leverage your Sales super powers to build a base of interest amongst relevant travel buyers, ensuring the pipeline of prospect accounts is always full and growing.
- Account Management: Drive the process, from account identification to contract negotiating and signing to account nurturing, of growing group and business travel segments revenue through strategic and targeted sales efforts. Meet or exceed quarterly booking and sales activity goals.
- Customer relationships require face to face and continuous communication in order to develop and nurture relationships. This includes, but is not limited to, personal visits, entertainment, industry events, trade shows and client site inspections.
- Work closely with partner teams, such as Revenue Management and City Teams, to ensure that managed accounts’ needs are met from a booking perspective.
- Partner with Market Operations to create successful ‘hand-off’ of managed account guests from booking to post-booking, to pre-arrival to arrival phases of the stay.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Hospitality, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years successfully driving corporate account sales, and nurturing existing clients, in a growing service-based organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hospitality industry group and business travel segments including contracting and negotiating.
- Successful experience selling to healthcare and education accounts is required.
- Proven success as a trail-blazer, incredible ability and passion for building something new in a growing organization; proven success in building a ‘sales playbook’ from the ground up.
- Proven success in driving an organization’s revenue through proactively targeting, negotiating with, and securing new productive partnerships and business.
- Understanding of hospitality sales process and distribution landscape; understanding of hospitality reservations, systems, rate quoting, and distribution processes is beneficial.
- Proven experience creating new efficient & effective operations processes in a complex environment.
- Incredible balance of left & right brain; extremely organized and extremely communicative.
- Solid financial acumen; understands how the team’s goals support the organization’s financial goals.
- Passion, positivity, and an ability to flex with a growing organization!
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.