Maintenance Tech I
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in 40+ cities spanning 10 countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Considering Sonder’s global expansion plans, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth for the right candidate.
We're looking for an operationally-focused individual, who is a high-achiever, energetic, detail-oriented, organized, passionate about hospitality, and an excellent communicator to join our team.
Maintenance Techs at Sonder are responsible for helping to deliver a flawless guest experience. They’re detail-oriented individuals who love checklists and are capable of attending to our units at flexible times. Maintenance Technicians are efficient with their time, quick learners and excited to get their hands dirty. This is a great role for someone who enjoys being on their feet versus sitting at a desk all day!
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Complete a variety of tasks related to maintenance of guest spaces and rooms, including troubleshooting and light repairs - plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning, structural features
- Complete periodic maintenance of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and other building and room equipment
- Perform handyman repairs to a high level finish in guest rooms and guest spaces. Including furniture, doors, windows and other hardware
- Ensure adherence to all relevant federal and local guidelines for safety and productivity including, OSHA, ADA and other required regulations
- Maintain a clean and organized work area while completing tasks related to maintenance, repair or installation
- Coordinate, meet and support our 3rd party contractors including painters, wallpaper installers, furniture builders, photographers, housekeepers, and other specialized trades
- Conduct thorough apartment walkthroughs and maintenance checks
- Organize and document project information and updates
- Instruct and supervise contractors as they paint, build furniture, hang art, photograph and clean
- Travel to various buildings/cities as required
- At Sonder, we take a holistic approach to providing our guests the highest level of service and the best possible experience. In your role, you must be willing and able to perform duties related to all aspects of Hospitality Operations at Sonder. This includes leaning-in to assist in resolving guest issues and/or supporting our property onboardings based on market/team needs
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Substantial experience working in operations and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of skilled trades, such as HVAC, electrical or carpentry
- Excellent understanding of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems
- Certifications in operations and maintenance examples: carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing is a plus
- A perfectionist that obsesses over all the details
- Ability to take the initiative and problem solve independently
- Professional demeanor and strong ability to establish positive relationships with others
- Motivated to adopt new and emerging technologies , and comfortable using multiple mobile apps
- Knowledgeable with Google Suite
- Ability to lift/carry items and stand/walk for extended periods of time
- A background in construction, hospitality, or operations a plus
- Must have a flexible schedule and open to working some weekends as business requires
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone, reliable transportation and willingness to travel between properties on a daily basis when working. (Reliable transportation includes biking, walking, public transportation, scooter and/or other forms of transit that provide reasonable work associated transit times between locations)
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.