Workforce Manager, Global Guest Service | Hospitality
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in 40+ cities spanning 10 countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Our Guest Service team is responsible for providing an outstanding service experience for our guests and the Workforce Manager is a pivotal leader on our team. A smoothly operating workforce management team is core to our ability to deliver great service to our guests and a smooth experience for our employees while maximizing our efficiency and responsiveness to meet service level and budget goals.
At Sonder you will be responsible for building and leading a WFM team which will:
- Forecast, schedule, and optimize contact center staffing across multiple channels and locations, both onshore and offshore.
- Partner cross functionally to create accurate short and long-term forecasts to drive staffing and budgeting.
- Build forecasts by illustrating on historical, judgmental, and driver-based information.
- Utilize WFM/Statistical tool to generate best fit forecast to meet target variance.
- Monitor forecasting accuracy and apply the necessary actions to meet the target variance.
- Ensure the team produces accurate capacity plans & schedules to determine long term hiring & short term staffing needs.
- Oversee proactive scheduling of discretionary activities such as training, meetings, and overtime.
- Direct the work of the workforce management team to meet our service level goals including managing the real time adherence analysts both onshore and offshore.
- Oversee intraday management of scheduling procedures, analysis of real time workload requirements, and call routing to manage performance to service level requirements.
- Oversee real-time performance across network with a focus on continuous improvement of service level, shrinkage, absenteeism, AHT, staffing, OT, VTO & billable hours.
- Ensure real-time teams are well aware of BCP events, outages, and downtimes in the network and are taking the right escalation path during these events.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop reporting and analyses required to manage our processes and team members efficiently including schedule adherence
- Recognize and recommend operational and support improvements.
- Work with business leadership and Learning and Development to coordinate the hiring and training of new employees, and continued learning of existing employees.
- Work with business leadership to coordinate processes to meet the operational and strategic needs of the business. Advise leadership on potential opportunities or hazards that affect the business' ability to meet strategic goals.
- Solicit feedback that influence the operations of workforce management.
What we look for:
- Minimum 8 of Workforce Management experience in complex multi-site, omni-channel contact centers, providing 24/7 coverage.
- Minimum 3 years of leading WFM teams, overseeing all aspects of WFM, including forecasting, scheduling and adherence monitoring. Prior experience with Calabrio strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of best in class WFM practices and proven ability to write and implement WFM-related SOPs.
- Experience within Travel/Hospitality a plus.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills required, including proficiency in Excel. Experience of building reports in Salesforce and Tableau preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Especially adept and communicating technical information to non-technical senior leadership.
- Excellent leadership, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Adept at working cross-functionally with relevant stakeholders in Operations, IT and elsewhere to ensure WFM goals are met.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
Generous stock plan
Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Workplace flexibility (for remote-specified positions only) #ABetterWaytoWork
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.