Junior / Middle Ruby on Rails Developer (Remote)
Talkable is an industry-leading Referral & Loyalty Marketing Platform for E-commerce companies in business since 2010. We are based in San Francisco with an engineering team in Kyiv. Our clients include Cult Beauty, TOMS, Stadium Goods, American Eagle, Tarte Cosmetics, Intel, and 200+ other companies. Our investors include YCombinator, 500 Startups, and many leading angel investors. Our mission is to help great companies grow by increasing their sales through our high-end Referral and Loyalty programs. We are profitable and healthy as a business.
Talkable delivers on the promise of marketing by providing the most flexible technology solutions coupled with agency-level managed services in order to enable eCommerce brands to scale truly personal customer interactions and drive revenue growth.
We are scaling up a cool development team and looking for a talented Junior Ruby on Rails Developer! If this sounds interesting, please, apply for the role.
What we offer:
- Work in Agile Product team, hasteless development process.
- The opportunity to work at the leading referral marketing company with an exciting suite of expanding products.
- The opportunity to forge your own path and work on projects you're interested in while contributing to the next phase of Talkable’s scale-up.
- The chance to make your voice heard. We're always open to new ideas and feedback, and we celebrate out-of-the-box thinking to solve problems in new ways.
- A group of talented (and fun!) peers who enjoy our company’s commitment to creating a healthy and enjoyable team dynamic and camaraderie.
- A culture of total transparency. At Talkable, everyone knows the company goals, revenue, and progress across all departments.
- A generous stock option package, unlimited paid vacations, and sick-leave policies, medical/dental benefits.
- The chance to develop your leadership potential at Talkable and expand your responsibilities and influence as you develop your career with us.
- Work on complex features for high load Talkable platform.
- Create new and maintain existing functionality.
- Optimize the platform’s performance.
- Perform a code review.
- Participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle to help create solutions that actually solve problems, not just resolving tickets.
Our main requirements:
- 2+ years of working experience as a backend engineer.
- Excellent general programming skills.
- Proficiency in Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in Test Driven Development and pair programming.
- Comfortable with Git and UNIX/Linux command line.
- Practical experience with RDMBS (MySQL is preferred).
- Ruby on Rails: ≈120 000 lines of code.
- MySQL: DB size is ≈6.5 Tb.
- RSpec: ≈11,600 tests.
- Sidekiq: 3 million jobs per day.
- CircleCI: continuous delivery – 5 releases per day.
- Application Stats:
- Workload: 35 000 RPM on average, up to 120 000 RPM at peaks;
- 40+ AWS EC2 Servers;
- The total amount of sales through the platform per month: ≈$20,000,000;
- Uptime: 99.97%.