Operations Manager, New Verticals
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
On the New Verticals team, you'll be responsible for developing data-driven insights, crafting strategies, and scaling the most impactful and innovative business initiatives to grow our Grocery & New Verticals business in France.This is particularly important as we venture into new business opportunities (e.g. grocery) that require new approaches to our partner / eater growth.This role will work closely with cross-functional counterparts to lead high impact initiatives across France while offering ownership and autonomy over your work.As a New Verticals Operations Manager, you will support the growth of the France business translating global vision into a locally inspiring strategy and plan.
- Data analysis: design, implement and automate processes to run and optimize the business performance and reliability. You will autonomously create your own analyses and dashboards to measure your projects' success.
- Experiment: perform analysis and experiments to find opportunities to grow the New Verticals business in France.
- Process & Tool Creation: one of an Operations Manager's biggest tasks is to create processes and tools for our teams in the field. For example, you might automate a reliability dashboard to help Account Managers handle their top / low performers, build new rules that are more adapted to grocery partners than restaurants, optimize stores onboarding processes, etc.
- Strategy: support the team lead on building a clear strategy on New Verticals
- Stakeholder management: a meaningful cross-functional partner to teams working with New Verticals, to ensure we build relevant and adapted processes (CommOps, Legal, Comms, etc.).
- Interactions with Product teams: you will maintain links between on-the-ground teams and our Product teams for everything we need to build on the Product front for our New Verticals business. You will be the voice of the French market, helping to prioritize future application changes, and you'll help launch all the new product features.
- 3 years experience in startup, strategy consulting, operations management, finance or other relevant experience.
- Passion for the on-demand delivery space, and innovation in particular.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills (experience with SQL a plus).
- Proficiency in French and English.
- A process specialist with a consistent track record of leading initiatives and projects at your organization that drive positive impact for your business.
- Self starter, relationship oriented person with proven partner management skills.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly evolving work environment.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?