Sr Software Engineer, Network Infrastructure - Uber Platform Engineering
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
About The RoleAs a senior software engineer, you will have the opportunity to lead several essential projects that build a reliable and efficient hybrid-cloud network platform for Uber’s rapidly growing global businesses.The focus area includes
- The automation platform for daily network operations, including fundamental monitoring, troubleshooting, failure analysis, failover, configuration management, traffic engineering, and so forth;
- The network security systems that encrypt Uber’s critical data and protect Uber from attacks;
- The comprehensive testing framework for the reliability and risk automatic management of Uber's global network infrastructure;
- The systems and tools that migrate Uber's global and heterogeneous platform to different clouds with the highest reliability, safety, and performance;
- Design and implement automatic risk management systems that protect the extraordinarily complicated and heterogeneous Uber platform from service degradations;
- Understand the details of different clouds and the challenges faced by various systems in Uber's platform and design tools and approaches to navigate the cloud migrations;
- Directly work with product teams and customers to design and implement new features and products based on the ability of the entire Uber platform;
- Have fun and create a culture of belonging, wellness, diversity, inclusion, and career growth for the product design organization;
- Network infrastructure software system background
- Ability to develop senior designers and managers and bring out their best work
- A solid understanding of designing based on metrics to achieve business objectives
- Clear and compelling written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- A bonus if you are a domain expert in the field of public cloud, on-prem hardware/datacenters, compute, storage, networking, containers/orchestration, observability, big data, IT systems.
- 6+ years of experience with systems software engineering. Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Python, C/C++.
- Detailed problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?