Account Executive, Uber Direct
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, April 8, 2023
#Greatmindsdontthinkalike Thank you for your interest in a job opportunity at Uber Japan! We take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but an outstanding individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides an equal opportunity to encourages all employees to share their thoughts. About The TeamSince 2020, Delivery at Uber has grown tremendously on the back of increased demand caused by the pandemic at the same time as we have expanded into new use cases and verticals like Grocery, Alcohol, Pick up and more. What has also become clear is that merchants across all categories have also increased their investment and interest in their digital and delivery offering. In many cases same day or next day will not be adequate as customers demand for immediate delivery is growing.Without having their own on-demand logistics capability, merchants are looking for a partner who can fulfill the requirement for last-mile delivery. With millions of drivers and couriers providing on-demand logistics through our existing marketplaces around the world, Uber Direct is a newly launched product that allows all merchants, who want to maximise on a vast network of delivery partners, to do so and fulfill the on-demand last-mile-delivery service for orders on their own app and websites. Uber Direct has the potential to be our next multi-billion dollar business and is a meaningful requirement for our existing marketplace partners! About RoleAs a Account Executive, you will be responsible for pursuing retail partnerships for our delivery platform API solution. This team allows brands to offer same day delivery to their customers on their websites or apps. This individual will be partnering with the Sales Ops, Legal and Product teams to build relationships with Enterprise customers in the E-commerce, Grocery, Alcohol, Convenience and Pharmacy space. We are looking for someone with experience selling and concluding Enterprise contracts for technical products. Your Responsibiltiy Will Include
- Searching and making contact with targeted partners.
- Arranging customer meetings and making sales pitches.
- Negotiating and closing the deal.
- Maintaining positive relationship with acquired partners
- Pipeline management using SFDC and others tools
- Collaborating with cross-functional team (Uber Eats, New Vericals)
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams on each account to collaboratively position and sell Uber’s products
- Build strategic relationships to gain positioning with decision makers while driving growth of the business
- Share merchant insights with business to drive continuous improvements in the product offering (if applicable)
- Provide opportunity status by regularly updating SFDC, doing forecasts and participating in quarterly business reviews
- Experienecs in sales account acquisitions ideally within tech industry and handling large enterprise accounts.
- Experiences with C-level stakeholders communications.
- Experiences with supply and logictics is desirable but not required.
- Business language fluency in English and Japanese.
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats, Rides and Grocery (whichever applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount on orders placed through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (18 weeks full pay) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave (excluding certain roles within the Community Operations). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to the applicable terms and conditions. Uber also offers a program to our employees to cover the expense of commuting to and from the office.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
- Based on the combination of business needs and personal interest, we provide language learning support so you can improve your English or Japanese, through our carefully vetted vendor partner. This will include both 1:1 private coaching lessons, group learning sessions, as well as online learning.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?