Localization Program Manager
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
About The RoleThe Localization team seeks an experienced Marketing localization program manager to help address Uber’s growing localization needs.In this role, you'll collaborate with our Marketing, Brand, Product, Regional, and Operation teams as a primary point of contact for marketing localization to ensure timely & high linguistic quality for global & regional launches. What You'll Do
- Manage end-to-end marketing localization of Uber products across all supported languages, from initial planning & consultation to delivery of localized contents, LQAs, and bug routing
- Act as the primary localization point of contact for all cross-functional partners related to your product area, explain localization cycles for various content types, and ensure global launches are timely with a high degree of linguistic quality
- Develop & maintain critical relationships with partners both in HQ and globally
- Proactively lead internal and cross-functional initiatives to identify areas for process improvements across the Marketing and Operations org
- Identify Localization tool & process gaps and work with Localization Operations to enable better support
- Partner closely with localization vendors to ensure the smooth execution of tasks
- Review and influence product requirement documents (PRDs/RFCs) related to Tools and Systems that can improve globalization (g11n) across Uber
- Work closely with PMs/Engineers on product roll-outs, tool improvements/automation, and tech planning
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years minimum of localization project/program management experience within the high-tech industry on the client side.
- Minimum of 2 years of Marketing localization experience.
- Experience in project management/program management for digital marketing
- Experience using CAT tools to manage localization pipeline & workflows (e.g. Smartling, Idiom WorldServer, Memsource, and Trados)
- Experience managing localization of various content types such as UI, HC, Marketing, & Legal
- Proficient in managing technical processes (e.g. Share internationalization i18n best practices, advise Product/Engineers on best practices for l10n QA/testing, run and manage linguistic QA processes)
- Self-directed - ability to take the initiative in identifying and solving large problems!
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently and chart the direction of projects/programs.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Technology driven and metrics driven – as a problem solver, you always look out for the best ways to automate or improve complex processes, and how to measure impact tangibly
- Strong analytical and problem solving experience, coupled with excellent business judgment
- Very meticulous, quality-focused, and proactive!
- Ability to learn new tools/systems quickly
- Excellent team player!
- Travel to the region to maintain relationships
- Ability to lead operations at scale
- Excellent understanding of localization and internationalization issues
- Strongly preferred experience working with and/or having an understanding or passion for Marketing Analytics (i.e. SQL data querying), International SEO, and a/b testing experimentation frameworks
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?