Management Trainee: SOAR - University 2023 - Taiwan
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Uber's Community Operations (CommOps) is the team that builds and scales Uber’s world class support network. APAC CommOps receives almost five million support contacts every month, managed by our staff of over 3000 spread across 9 countries in the region.With an org growing better and faster everyday, we’re eager to look for new talent to join us in making things happen in SOAR, the APAC Management Trainee Program.Over the course of 18 months, you will be given the opportunity to work with the three main teams in APAC CommOps - Customer Experience, Strategy & Planning, and the Center of Excellence, all to bring you closer to being part of the next generation of COOs and future leaders.As a trainee, you will build a thorough understanding of each team’s guiding principles and priorities to lead and enable several value-driven projects in APAC. Initiatives can range from launching programs benefiting our riders, eaters, and earners alike, to redesigning the strategy and operational models of our internal teams in Uber.At the end of the program, you are expected to come out with a more robust understanding of APAC CommOps and how each team propels the region to greater heights. What You’ll Do
- Lead team-specific strategic initiatives: Design and launch initiatives to improve internal processes and systems that have untapped value to the organization.
- Manage complex problems: Jump into discussions and events where problem solving and case management is required, especially knowing that we do not act in silos but with the rest of the Community Operations team.
- Collaborate with leaders: Understand and partner with the leaders in the team to align your contributions towards the larger goals and priorities in APAC CommOps.
- Enable successful execution of regional projects: Contribute to the projects owned by APAC CommOps to add value and positively impact our clients and internal stakeholders.
- Develop Uber business acumen: Immerse yourself in the teams lined up under the program in order to fully develop an understanding of how we make magic happen in Uber.
- Top performing university graduates with 0-2 years of professional experience Active participant in university events, organizations, or initiatives (e.g. case competitions, academic competitions) or external
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong inclination towards problem solving
- Analytical ability that can manifest for both quantitative and qualitative data points
- Proven ability to be organized and detailed in completion of tasks
- Independence in delivery of work while still building strong relationships and a creative work environment with their manager, peers, and stakeholders across the countries and teams
- Should ideally have previous project management experience in events or initiatives in school or external organizations
- Should ideally have previous leadership experience in student organizations or external organizations.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?