Sr. iOS Software Engineer, Earnings Experience
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
About The RoleMany drivers rely on Uber as their primary and flexible earnings source. To deliver on our value proposition as a flexible earnings platform, it is critical we clearly communicate what has been, and could be, earned to each and every driver on the platform. Information about earnings is the foundation by which drivers are able to set and meet their goals and make tradeoffs about when and where to drive.As part of the earnings reliability team, you will have direct responsibility for key systems and processes. You will take ownership of key features and initiatives in crafting and building high quality, scalable systems in making earnings reliable and efficient. Your work will directly impact the lives of Uber’s partners (drivers, couriers), riders, eaters, and operations teams across the globe. What The Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- What the Candidate Will Do --—
- Solve complicated problems with groundbreaking design and algorithms.
- Work closely with backend engineers and cross platform developers to build Driver earnings experience.
- Jam with Product, Design and Research teams to understand product ideas and business needs and help deliver these as a series of experiments
- Implement native UI with the latest iOS/Backend technologies
- Come up with the right architecture and design for ideas and experiments to quickly scale.
- Good understanding of software experimentation philosophy in the earlier work with understanding of setting up A/B experiments for hypothesis testing.
- Build instrumentation in the experiments, understand and mine insights and investigate these to help product with data driven decisions from experimentation.
- Basic Qualifications --—
- Strong software development experience in iOS with strong expertise in Swift /Objective-C and iOS SDK.
- Proficiency in object oriented programming, MVC architecture, multithreading, networking, offline storage, memory management and source control management (git)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of the open-source iOS ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Experience of benchmarking and optimization
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences. Experience with UI/UX paradigms to build sophisticated user experiences
- Experience working with product and design teams
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- What the Candidate Will Need --—
- Knowledgeable in Reactive programming (RXSwift) and Dependency injection.
- Knowledgeable in WebSockets, Server Sent Events, or HTTP/2 Server Push
- Comfortable working within the coding conventions of a large engineering organisation and working in a large and sophisticated code base with many contributors
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?