Senior Product Manager, Delivery Home Feed
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, May 1, 2023
About The RoleWhether it’s a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Delivery team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when, and where they want it.The Intelligent Customer Experiences team owns all of the search and discovery surfaces on the Uber app. As a Sr. Product Manager on this team, you will lead the product charter for Home Feed ranking and intelligence. You will help accelerate our mission to help customers land their next order, encourage exploration and delight them with new and exciting recommendations right when they open the app. You will work with a team of world class scientists, designers and engineers to bake personalization and inquisitive ranking into our home feed such that customers can seamlessly discover restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies and other offerings from Uber. What The Candidate Will Do
- Define a product vision and strategy for the team; identify near and long-term initiatives to implement an effective product roadmap
- Translate user needs into product requirements by distilling user problems, writing hypotheses, and describing desired outcomes
- Clearly communicate product plans, tradeoffs and results to a wide audience, including internal partner teams, executives, end users and external customers
- Launch experiments to test changes and analyze results, tradeoffs to drive launch decisions
- Build, launch, and drive usage of brand new, innovative features and experiences that deeply embed Uber’s reservations product into earner's routines
- Partner with teams throughout Uber and collaborate with them to adapt their features and plans for consumers with planning use cases
- Work closely with a team of world-class engineers, designers, data scientists, and user researchers, setting team deliverables, roadmap, and driving execution
- Build and cultivate a strong team culture with a focus on collaboration, execution and results
- Computer science undergraduate (or other engineering degree equivalent) or business/management undergraduate degree.
- Minimum 4 years of Product Management experience delivering highly successful and innovative technology products.
- Passion for working on machine learning, personalization based products.
- Experience with running experiments and data-driven decision-making ability.
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Experience working on Search and/or Ranking systems
- Finger-trippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help
- Experience running experiments to assess the effectiveness of releases
- Stellar design instincts and product taste.
- Experience applying machine learning to develop premier product
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?