Staff Cyber Intelligence Lead
Posted on Monday, May 1, 2023
The security organization at Uber is dedicated to enabling safe and secure innovation while protecting the communities we serve both online and in the physical world. Our teams are responsible for protecting both people and their data across intersections of the digital and physical world. The primary objective for Uber Engineering Security team is to enable the technical ambitions of the company while maintaining the highest standards of security and privacy for our customers and partners. As cybersecurity threats evolve, so do we. About The RoleAs a member of the CyberThreat Intelligence team you will research, analyze and track threats targeting Uber and its industry sectors. You will establish, maintain and deepen partnerships with the broader threat intelligence community, contributing to and benefiting from security defenders globally. What You'll Do
- Apply your analytical knowledge, tools, and tradecraft to provide insight, predictive warning, and concrete intelligence to partner teams and customers.
- Collect, process, curate, and integrate external and internal threat intelligence feeds with the Uber threat intelligence platform and security controls.
- Leverage your network of industry connections to develop appropriate indicator sharing relationships and exchanges while protecting data privacy.
- Produce concrete written assessments and data feeds to enable partners inside and outside of the security organization to prioritize their missions based on threats to Uber and potential threat actor behaviors and motives.
- Provide written Threat Intelligence briefs to executives and business leaders.
- Minimum of 8 years collaborating with trusted partners on threat intelligence issues to improve collective defenses.
- Minimum of 8 years working with threat intelligence regarding targeted threat groups and attack techniques,with measurable impact on threat detection and defenses.
- Experience implementing and refining a Threat Intelligence Platform with a wide range of data inputs, in-house system integrations, and reporting capabilities.
- Be able to drive development of the big picture, define the threat landscape
- Be able to link together Signposts, Indicators of Attack (IOAs) and Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) to identify and understand attacks over time.
- Expert knowledge of the full spectrum of adversary operations - including how to pivot between intrusion artifacts across different intrusion phases to derive new insights.
- Analysis of host and log forensic artifacts associated with targeted threat groups, including data acquisition, fusion, and analysis techniques.
- Must have a continuous learning oriented approach and a mindset of curiosity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills used to present potentially sensitive threat intelligence to a variety of audiences.
- Teaching oriented approach, raising the skill and performance level of the entire team.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?