Principal Engineer, Developer Platform
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Monday, May 1, 2023
About The RoleUber’s Infrastructure team seeks an experienced software engineering leader to help build the future of urban transportation. Engineers at this level represent the top 2% of Engineers at Uber and will have a deep impact across a wide variety of business and technology decisions spanning multiple projects and at times, locations. We are looking for an experienced technologist who can architect, implement, and scale our developer tools and frameworks that Uber developers use to build Uber’s services and Apps. This is a strategic and highly leveraged role as it impacts the productivity of all software engineers across Uber, the quality of all of Uber's products, and the velocity of our business. What You’ll Do
- Provide technical leadership to build, develop, and scale the developer tools and frameworks that enable Uber developers to ship code quickly, reliably, efficiently and at scale.
- Engage with world class engineers across Uber to understand how to increase their development velocity and the quality of our software.
- Work across platforms for Go, Java, Android, iOS, and Web.
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements through design and automation: availability, performance, scaling, monitoring and capacity.
- A developer-centric mindset and a passion for building high-quality platforms for other developers
- Past experience in successfully designing and building frameworks and tools that scale to large 1000+ teams of developers.
- Proven track record of results as a Principal Engineer level or above at a premier technology company
- Programming language (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, or Go)
- Experience creating applications frameworks for backend, web or mobile
- Experience building developer tools such as IDEs, build systems, compilers, debuggers, profilers, CI systems and other tools developers use daily
- Experience building testing infrastructure and frameworks
- Experience building mobile Apps or backend services at scale
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?