Senior Counsel, Mobility Marketing Legal, Cross Platform
Marketing & Communications, Legal
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, May 1, 2023
The Mobility Marketing Legal team partners with the rider and driver businesses at Uber to advise on Advertising, Digital Media, Consumer Protection, and Marketing & Advertising Law issues.We are looking for an exceptional lawyer who has expertise in advising on complex advertising campaigns, initiatives, and activations across multiple media, promotions and offers, and negotiating partnership and sponsorship agreements. You'll work closely with teams globally throughout Uber, including Legal, Marketing, Policy, Comms, Product, and Engineering to play a critical part in our business, constantly innovate and promote the brand, and communicate to consumers, business partners, merchants, riders, drivers, couriers, and the public at large about products, and services.If you’re passionate about Advertising and Marketing initiatives, creating industry-first frameworks, and transforming the way that people go where they want and get what they need, come and join this bold team! What You'll Do
- Provide ongoing legal support for Uber’s various marketing and advertising activities across our Mobility and Delivery lines of business. You’ll focus your advice on subscriptions, Uber for Business & Uber Health, business development, sustainability, payments, ESG and social impact.
- Be the point person for complex business development deals (partnerships & sponsorships), agency, production, and talent/influencer agreements.
- Collaborate with both business partners and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others who may think differently than you do.
- Update and maintain marketing playbooks and guidelines based on applicable laws, rules, and regulatory guidance.
- Identify areas for improvement in internal processes, drive implementation and conduct internal training on relevant issues.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of Marketing or Advertising legal experience in private practice, in-house, and/or government.
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
- Experience on advising consumer protection, marketing legal issues & major global advertising campaigns across mediums.
- Deep knowledge of promotion, sponsorship, agency, production, talent and influencer agreements among others.
- Excellent business judgment, ability to build credibility, great communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done.
- Embody the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and accountability.
- A Go Get It Attitude and enthusiasm about Uber!
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?