People Operations Support Coordinator
People & HR, Customer Service, Operations
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our People Operations team manages People processes; including onboarding, contingent workforce, and the Employee Help Center. About The TeamUber’s People Experience and Operations team ensures that our global employee population has a fantastic experience at Uber, from onboarding onwards. We’re the center-point between the different People functional areas, knowing the answers to employee questions, and if not, how to connect people who do. Based around the world, we take care of the employee experience and improve our people systems and processes, thinking globally and acting locally to ensure employees across Uber can focus on the work they were hired to do. About The RoleWe’re looking for a People Operations Coordinator in Lisbon to support our employee population in the EMEA region - someone who is passionate about finding ways to best support our growing employee base. You will be primarily responsible for the administration supporting our employees and managers with basic inquiries and the continuous improvement of regional HR processes. In addition, you will be a subject matter expert in one or more employee life cycle programs. What You'll Do
- Support the complete onboarding lifecycle for new employees (e.g. new hire orientation, and the collection of wet signatures and required paperwork).
- Maintain and update data within our HR System, Workday, ensuring a high degree of accuracy.
- Provide high-quality support to employees by responding to questions in our ticketing tool, and advancing issues as necessary.
- Lead verification of employment letters, medical health checks, and other compliances with local legislation.
- Support the integrity of our data by running regular audits and reporting.
- Cooperate with vendors when needed for the local processes.
- Handle necessary interactions and coordination with employees, managers, HR stakeholder teams, and external partners on a regular basis for issues and processes around employment.
- Manage employee files and be responsible for uploading employee documentation compliant with local legislation.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects within the People Operations Team and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Identify operational weaknesses with the team and within the region, improve existing processes (for employee lifecycles), and support/manage projects on the development of new processes to keep the People Support Team scale with Uber’s growth on a regional and global level
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business / human resources (preferred)
- Professional proficiency in English and Portuguese is required. Knowledge of French or Spanish is a big plus
- 2-3 years of prior experience in a People/HR Operations role at either a high-growth tech startup or a large, well-established company
- Hands-on knowledge of various labor laws and compliance requirements, understanding of their impact on employee lifecycle
- Knowledge of local labor legislation for France/Spain/Portugal is a plus
- Strong customer service and administrative experience
- Basic project management and partner management skills
- Data-oriented approach and ability to work with data (e.g. excel or google sheets)
- Workday experience and/or experience from a ticketing system is a plus
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?