People Partner/ Sr People Partner
People & HR
New South Wales, Australia
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. About The TeamWe believe that our people are the secret to our success. Our people team are at the core of our #BuildWithHeart value. As we grow, scale and diversify our business across APAC, you will be instrumental in partnering with the business to build a world class-employee experience. About The RoleWe’re looking for a People Partner in Australia to support our employee population on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract. The People Partner is primarily responsible for supporting employees and managers with inquiries and implementing global and local HR processes and programs within their region or function. Your Impact In Role
- Provide support to employees and leaders in the business: coaching on performance management, performance reviews, policies, and other HR-related topics/processes
- Partner with your cross functional teams on larger projects and organisational changes
- Analyse data from activities and projects to identify patterns and trends that can improve HR programs and processes, and facilitate the adoption in your region, to enhance the overall employee and manager experience
- Own and strengthen key partnerships on behalf of the team (with other People COEs: Benefits, ER, People Operations, People Systems, Analytics, HRBPs)
- HR Functional Expertise: Solid understanding of HR processes, practices and programs across the employee lifecycle. Up to date on industry best practices and HR thought leadership. Builds functional and technical knowledge across all areas of HR. Awareness of workplace environment, employee engagement & retention, employee relations, compliance, employment law, and social relations.
- Employee / Manager Coaching (Case Management): Knowledge of the principles and practices of individual coaching; able to diagnose issues and build a coaching program or approach to address individual needs; works with individuals to facilitate more self-awareness and personal growth with the objective of being more effective in the workplace.
- Stakeholder Management: Build positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives; gets first-hand business information and uses it for improvements in strategies and services; acts with stakeholders in mind
- Project Management: Successfully plan, organise, collaborate and manage resources to bring about the successful completion of a specific project. Strong decision making, prioritisation, and problem-solving skill sets are essential while juggling the potential competing priorities / deadlines
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever is applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return-to-work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Starting a family is a magical journey - At the same time, it can be challenging and stressful. Employees are eligible to reimburse costs relating to infertility treatment, egg/sperm freezing, adoption and surrogacy up to a lifetime benefit limit.
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave depending on your location (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to applicable terms and conditions.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?