Counsel, Safety & Insurance Litigation, US Central and Canada
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
About The TeamThe safety & insurance litigation team oversees and manages litigation and claims arising out of Uber's insurance policies. In doing so, the team works hand in hand with our insurance partners and outside counsel to drive solutions and innovate. This innovative team also works across Uber's business teams, from operations to safety, to evaluate and manage risk. About The RoleInsurance for drivers and riders is a critical part of our business, and we are constantly innovating in this area. The Uber Legal Team is currently searching for a Safety & Insurance Litigation Counsel, with expertise in the insurance defense industry and experience managing robust insurance defense litigation. This position is open to the Chicago office. What You’ll Do
- Manage a portfolio of claims and litigation in the Central US and Canada region
- Provide guidance to outside counsel on case strategy
- Work across our business and legal teams on risk management initiatives
- Collaborate with team members for operational efficiency and process revision
- Draft and review various court documents such as: pleadings, discovery, and motions
- Partner with the global insurance law team on insurance coverage and regulatory efforts
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state. Illinois preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of legal experience in private practice and/or in-house.
- In-house experience strongly preferred, with the know-how to manage a case through pleadings, motion practice, discovery, dispute resolution, and trial
- Solid case evaluation abilities, critical thinking skills, and the capacity to oversee a large portfolio of matters
- Experience litigating claims/cases arising from property and casualty insurance
- First chair mediation or trial experience preferred
- Deposition experience (including presenting witnesses)
- Possess excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?