APAC Head of Brand Strategy
New South Wales, Australia · Sydney, Australia
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. About The TeamKeen to work with the best marketing minds in the region on the biggest consumer opportunities? Look no further than Uber. We’ve come a long way over the last 10 years, from small beginnings launching Uber Black in Sydney, all the way through to launching the brilliant food delivery brand with Uber Eats from Taiwan to Tokyo. We #BuildWithHeart - everything we do is to surprise and delight our users. About The RoleThe APAC Head of Brand Strategy will be responsible for leading the brand strategy function for the region, defining our regional delivery and memberships marketing strategies. You will lead a small team which includes both mobility and delivery brand strategy!It’s a deeply strategic, cross-functional and entrepreneurial role, requiring a critical thinker who thrives at the fast-paced nexus of consumer and tech categories. You will champion opportunities for brand-led growth, investment and innovation in APAC, and set clear direction to align cross-functional teams. You will also be a close partner of the global brand team, partnering to inform global strategies and product roadmaps. Your Impact In Role
- Brand and Marketing Strategy: Develop a deep understanding of country and regional priorities (business targets, P&L, growth bets, consumer insights, brand metrics, user segmentation) to build strategic marketing plans across Delivery, Membership and other priorities as needed and act as a trusted thought partner for country heads of marketing.
- Planning: Assist with a bi-annual planning exercise to ensure continuous shaping and growth of Uber Eats and Uber One in APAC. Build sound cases for required marketing investment and product needs.
- Set high bar on media, measurement and learning: Partner with central media, marketing insights and data science teams and agency partners to ensure best in class campaign and media planning for maximum cut through and impact, measurement and testing strategies.
- Global influence and collaboration: Become a go-to partner for the global & country teams to ensure alignment of regional activities. Drive influence with insights and takeaways from countries to ensure global work streams are well informed.
- Extensive brand and consumer marketing experience delivering successful strategies of brand-led growth, engagement and turnaround with your fingerprints all over them. Experience in a fast-paced environment, driving innovation, shaping culture, building brand through brave acts not just ads, with a successful record of driving impact with measurable business results.
- Influence and communication will be key in this role. Experience working with a cross-functional team across markets with diverse needs and perspectives.
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever is applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return-to-work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Starting a family is a magical journey - At the same time, it can be challenging and stressful. Employees are eligible to reimburse costs relating to infertility treatment, egg/sperm freezing, adoption and surrogacy up to a lifetime benefit limit.
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave depending on your location (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to applicable terms and conditions.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?