Strategic Finance Associate, New Verticals LATAM
Accounting & Finance
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
About The RoleIn this role, you will be part of our Delivery Strategic Finance team for LatAm, being the Strategic Finance Associate with a LatAm scope.We partner across Central Operations and Strategy & Planning teams, in close collaboration with the HQ Finance team. It’s an amazing position to have insight into the entire organization, so we get to advise our stakeholders and make sure we're driving progress and growth.We need someone who'll be driving strategic analysis to influence finance and business leaders to make relevant decisions, as marketplace, promo investments and pricing. In addition, you will help the team setting and delivering targets, through driving and supporting our financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis efforts, but also building the right financial field across multiple initiatives.If you're interested, keep reading and apply!This is a very cool opportunity, and we can't wait to chat with you. What You'll Do
- Financial planning and analysis: be the primary point of contact for all things finance related to your country (supporting the monthly, quarterly, annual and long-range planning process)
- Business partnership: provide financial insights to business leaders and work with them to drive efficiency and capital allocation
- Work closely with accounting and central teams to provide input on management reporting needs, better understanding of our actuals and ensure alignment between financials, strategy and execution.
- Variance analysis: conduct monthly variance analysis, and identify risks, opportunities, and mitigation measures
- Apply business judgment and insights to assist with decision making process
- Reporting: report out & analysis across all the countries under your responsibility, as well as underlying drivers of performance for the whole region
- Improvement in execution: help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise, and make the right decision from prioritisation perspective
- Ad hoc analysis: run analysis to help uncover growth opportunities, cost efficiencies, or ways to further mitigate risks.
- Engage in the development of new processes and tools to deliver impactful and meaningful insights that drive decision making
- Be a change agent, and good at influencing people within the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Engineering or other quantitative field
- Minimum of 3 years in Corporate Finance / Operational FP&A, Corporate Development / Investment Banking and/or Consulting, at high speed organization
- Excellent communication and people skills: you'll have to form relationships with different colleagues, both inside and outside of the Finance organization
- Excellent collaborator; you are expertly leading up, down and across to help and drive decisions. You are comfortable to speak up, challenge others (be the voice of reason, rooted in financial foresight) and be challenged yourself;
- Self-starter: You will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals.
- You are able to operate at both the strategic and the operational/tactical level; this requires both an attention to detail and the ability to take a step back.
- Outstanding presentation skills
- TM1 management
- Python, R or any other scripting language is a bonus
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?