Strategy & Operations Manager, Austria
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
About The RoleThe Operation Manager role will help grow and scale the Uber business in Austria. You will drive the execution of an ambitious roadmap of initiatives, underpinning our challenging growth and expansion targets for Uber in Austria.You will work on impactful projects that involve analyzing data sets, providing creative solutions, and leaning into execution driving business impact day in, and day out. The outcome will be measurable (growing trips and revenues, improving marketplace reliability, growing supply) and will be directly impacted by your daily actions. You will help support decision-making within your teams through your critical thinking, strategic behavior, and data-driven approach. What You'll Do
- Measure/supervise/steer business metrics and marketplace performance on an ongoing basis
- Deep dive into data to get to the root cause of operational problems, use data to drive operational decisions, and improvements and solve problems in quick turnaround times
- Work with the Local Operations team and GMs to outline Uber’s DACH strategy.
- Define and implement best-in-class acquisition and conversion processes.
- Devise and implement initiatives to improve the reliability of Uber, streamline processes, automate tasks, define and implement pricing strategies
- Be involved in the day-to-day management of our operations: city operations, regulatory compliance, local partner relations, etc.
- Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow at scale
- Drive Product / UX improvements by working closely with Uber Tech teams; proactively search for new features which could improve a flawless driver and user experience
- Generate insights and build a strong feedback loop between ground operations and product/tech
- Drive geo-expansion supporting new city launches
- Grow supply within the network of our fleetpartners
- Design and implement effective incentives strategies
- 2+ years of experience applying analytics to tackle business problems (for example in consulting, investment banking, finance, technology, and operations)
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- SQL knowledge
- Proficient in German and English
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Ability to identify new opportunities and own the project end-to-end, driving proactively solutions and implementation
- Partnership management or business development experience; strong relationship-building skills
- Experience crafting and optimizing processes
- Ability to run multiple projects/ initiatives in parallel working together with a wide range of stakeholders and functions
- Ability to work in a team and also independently
- Self-starter. Everywhere you go, you can't help but mobilize people, build things, resolve problems, get into the details, go above and beyond, and draw out the best in people. You are a doer and motivator of others.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?