Production Quality Management Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
What The Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Lead critical Production outages through mitigation
- Design and build processes and policies to maintain high production quality standard
- Advocate Production quality best practices through different internal Uber channels
- Monitor developer forums, social media, and other channels to identify potential opportunities for our adoption of production quality industry practices
- Provide technical support to different teams and respond to their questions during the adoption phase of production quality tools and best practices
- Develop content such as tutorials, technical documentation, and sample code
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience..
- Strong problem solving skills, with relevant experience in big data analysis and data pipeline infrastructure.
- Proficient in one or more backend languages, like Java, Go, C/C++, C#, with the ability to pick up new ones quickly.
- 5+ years working in the SW development and user experience fields.
- Technical skills and being able to understand the specific production issues that a developer may be facing when trying to use Uber platform.
- Other essential skills for this career include public speaking, strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to listen to people’s concerns and develop actionable plans for addressing them.
- Should be an avid learner, seek knowledge everywhere by using every medium available to remain up-to-date.
- Thinking outside the box by being able to provide a high-level explanation on how a feature works under the hood, or simply provide some technical insights about the production service/tool they advocate for.
- Being able to build an engineering community around Production management and share best practices by creating different types of content (Engwiki, technical blogs, demo videos…)
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?