Data Scientist II / Sr. Data Scientist - FinTech
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
About The RoleWe are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our FinTech - Data Science team and make meaningful contributions to our mission to streamline and optimize Uber’s financial infrastructure and processes. In this position, you have an outstanding opportunity to leverage advanced analytics and play a crucial role in building a wide array of financial systems, generating useful insights from data and improving our financial reporting processes. Data Scientists Focus On
- The analysis, manipulation, and visualization of data
- Some data engineering/ETL (extract-transform-load) work
- Provide product or business insights and strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally to mine and analyze financial data and extract key trends / insights.
- Build effective visualizations to communicate data to key decision-makers.
- Build models to detect anomalies and resolve financial imbalances; investigate and resolve data discrepancies between systems.
- Understand critical interdependencies across functions and divisions, and grasp the short and long-term trade-offs of business decisions.
- Build end to end data pipelines and self serving dashboards. Automate whatever you can!
- Get a detailed understanding about the FinTech systems and data flows involved
- Document and train internal personnel to institutionalize the learnings of the data science practice.
- Bachelors, M.S. or equivalent degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- 3+ years of experience in Industry, working as a data scientist, product analyst, or equivalent
- Experience in SQL as well as data wrangling experience in Python or R
- Willingness to get your hands dirty with messy data to identify product opportunities and uncover interesting product insights
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Advanced degrees in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operation Research, Machine Learning or other quantitative field
- 6+ years industry experience in consumer facing data science
- Strong storytelling: distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Critical-thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to solve complex business problems that cross multiple product/project areas and teams
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Prior experience within the finance or related industries is a bonus
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?