Software Engineering Manager - Order Platform
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
são paulo, state of são paulo, brazil
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
About The RoleAs an Engineering Manager at Uber, you will be leading a group of engineers working with product managers, data scientists and other engineering teams to build solutions globally.We are looking for an Engineering Manager for the Order Platform team who will be responsible to build, mentor and manage a strong and high-impact cross-geo team across Latin America to deliver an outstanding Order Management Platform to process Orders at scale irrespective of lines of businesses at Uber!What You’ll Do
- Directly own an engineering team passionate about learning and iterating with velocity.
- Challenge engineers to design innovative, highly-scalable, and robust systems.
- Build trust and foster a collaborative team culture.
- Build a strong brand and be able to attract and retain talent.
- Strategize and influence the product vision and roadmap in collaboration with the product and business team.
- Mentor other engineers and build a strong culture of quality, handle conflicts well and help build consensus.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology etc.).
- A strong ability to architect and design robust, high-scale systems and to challenge engineers to think bigger and more generically in developing their solutions.
- Experience working with multi-functional, globally distributed teams to coordinate work and deliver solutions that span multiple teams.
- Collaboration with PMs, designers, data scientists and infrastructure teams to identify, prioritize and solve problems.
- Working actively on career mentor & development, handle performance & conflicts, influence cross-functional teams.
- Track record of managing, recruiting, and retaining strong engineering talent and growing effective teams.
- Desire knowledge about large-scale, distributed systems, including SQL/NoSQL storage, transactional updates, asynchronous processing with message queues like Kafka, logging, system monitoring, and performance tuning.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?