Senior Regional Community Operations Manager, Delivery Germany
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
About The RoleCommunity Operations is the organization leading all types of scalable customer-facing operations at Uber: user support but also onboarding, sales, restaurant support, account management, etc.Establishing trust for Uber Eats customers, delivery partners, and restaurants - our community - is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.We are extending our team and are looking for a Senior Regional Community Operations (RCO) Manager, based in Berlin, to design and optimize the best customer operations for our eaters and delivery partners, in Germany and Switzerland. Responsibilities) and the EMEA Community Operations teams, she/he will be responsible toWorking closely with local and regional Business/Ops Teams (Courier Growth, Marketplace, Eater Ops, Marketing teams, etc.
- Design, implement, and optimize the Eats customer operations
- Implement and optimize onboarding and conversion experiments;
- Launch new initiatives (calling, chat, virtual onboarding).
- Develop a solid understanding of the eater/courier acquisition funnel
- Prioritize, implement, and optimize the onboarding (in-person and virtual), conversion (chat, funnel activities, sign up), and customer support operations
- Track & manage the performance of all the customer operations (conversion, # interactions, cost per interaction, Average handling time, quality, efficiency, etc.)
- Address key transversal issues such as compliance, safety, and product improvement
- Provide insights gathered from the all the customer operations interactions
- Leverage similar initiatives, processes and tools in a logic of standardization across EMEA: policy, process, content, learning, agent performance, training, workforce management, etc.
- Center Of Excellence (COE): in-house virtual support centers, handling the most critical & complex user support issues
- BPO: outsourced virtual support centers, handling the Level 1 user support issues
- Be the owner of our Community Support performance metrics of Germany and German Switzerland for Uber Eats Eaters and Delivery Partners
- Prepare the customer support organization to all new features and new products;
- Pilot and own new initiatives that transform our customer operations and improve the level of service we provide;
- Contribute to drive the growth of Uber Eats in the region: fixing & building processes that are needed to scale this business.
- Deliver strong customer operations outcomes in line with agreed service level agreements: working with partners across EMEA to achieve the best outcomes across tens of thousands of customers interactions every week, and ensuring they operate as efficiently as possible while maintaining a high level of quality;
- Project management: Be a hustling multi-tasker, supporting projects across the region. You’ll be THE go to person for many key initiatives within Community Operations;
- Engage strategically with stakeholders, be it general managers or function leads to influence business goals and priorities, central global teams to improve internal tools and the overall user experience, or local teams;
- Draw actionable recommendations that help drive the growth, by diving deep into the numbers, findings, insights, and make data-driven decisions and process improvements;
- Engage strategically with stakeholders to improve internal tools and the overall user experience;
- Be the voice of our customers within the organization
- Coordinate and drive cross-functional strategic initiatives (courier experience enhancement, Fleet Partners premium support implementation, support launches of new Direct partners in Germany, etc.)
- Design, implement, and optimize customers operations: footprint strategy and implementation, channel and modalities strategy and implementation
- Secure the achievements of key customer operations metrics, such as: Efficiency, Customer Satisfaction, Quality, Service Level Agreement, Contact Rate, and cost per contact.
- 5+ years of experience: whether it be in a startup, scaleup, bank, consultancy, operations, or corporate, you are someone who loves driving change in a fast-paced environment;
- Self starter - an ability to structure a project from scratch, understanding the challenges and opportunities with limited leadership support
- A lover of process and optimization: you are excited about the opportunity to create new processes and implement them across the support organization in a consistent and organized manner
- Naturally curious: You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate
- A bias for action and problem-solving skills: You embrace challenges and take ownership to create solutions—whether they’re short-term workarounds, or more long-term process changes
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at spreadsheets and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way. Bonus points if you have SQL, coding, or programming experience
- Team-player - able to work as part of a small, lean team, as a key contributor
- A strong communicator and experienced in stakeholders management: you are a team player and will onboard everyone around you to achieve great results as a team
- Cool and calm under pressure: you have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks
- Strategic thinking - challenge the status quo, always interrogate the outcomes and ask ‘why’, ‘so what’ in order to understand the root cause or the opportunities a situation might present.
- Fluency in German and English required.
- Bonus points: Customer Operations background and SQL knowledge
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?