City Supply Manager- Uber Shuttle
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
About The TeamUber Shuttle is an everyday commute product that is safe, reliable and affordable. With just a few taps and a short walk, Shuttle makes it easy for riders to book a guaranteed seat in an air-conditioned bus from a selection of routes and pick-up stations. We currently operate across India, MEA, Europe and LATAM.India is one of the top 3 markets globally for Shuttle and the India Ops team is responsible for launching and scaling the product in India in collaboration with the global and regional teams. With the Shuttle product and engineering teams being based in India, this provides a unique opportunity to drive global innovation in Shuttle products from India. About The RoleThis role is based in multiple cities and reports directly to the lead for Shuttle Supply in India. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving Supply Acquisition and Management locally in the city. This role requires strong business acumen along with strong performance management skills to drive growth of Supply in the city. As a part of this role, you will also be working closely with external as well as internal stakeholders. This role is best suited for people who have prior experience in Business Development and/or operations and are comfortable having a hands on approach with hussle mentality. What The Candidate Will Do
- Supply Acquisition: Plan and acquire Bus supply by developing fleet partners in new cities Uber Shuttle operational model.
- Relationship Management:
- Develop and maintain relationships with fleet partners and help them grow with Uber. Build and drive engagement through various channels.
- Make sure fleets and drivers are constantly hitting SLAs as defined by Uber. Ideate and implement long term strategies to drive SLAs with the fleet partners.
- Enable fleets and drivers to use Uber Shuttle technology to run their side of the operation as smoothly as possible with minimum supervision from the Uber Team.
- Work with suppliers to gather feedback and build cases to advocate for their requests to be built into our products
- Develop long term robust relationships with local external stakeholders such as authorities, associations etc. in collaboration with Uber India Team with the sole aim of running day to day operations without any disruptions.
- Supply Cost: Work on strategies to reduce supply cost and drive profitability for the business.
- Problem Solving: Deep dive into our most challenging problems on Supply growth and retention and develop solutions through first-principle thinking & robust analysis.
- Stakeholder Management: Develop strong relationships with multiple stakeholders from Network, Growth and B2B teams to provide constant local inputs to drive faster growth in the city.
- Analyze Data: Delve into the fleet/driver metrics to identify gaps, develop hypotheses and use data to drive improvement.
- Team Management: Develop and efficiently manage a team of 2-3 people to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to Sourcing, Operations, training, audit, etc.
- Be an owner: We’re building a business and there’s a lot that we don’t know. You will need to be a self-starter that doesn’t shy away from facing challenges and takes initiative to ensure we move the business forward.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in mobility, logistics, or freight industries.
- Prior experience in Business Development and/or operations in a fleet facing role at mobility, logistics, tech companies is a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets with the ability to help visualize data for internal presentations.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on.
- Ability to clearly communicate and present information to stakeholders Proactive and creative solutions-driven approach, with a ‘get it done’ attitude.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?