Sr Software Engineer
Banfora, Burkina Faso · Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
About The RoleAs a senior frontend engineer with at least 5+ years of industry experience, you will partner with stakeholders and lead team efforts to design, develop, and maintain complex user interfaces and features for web applications.Our applications are pushing the boundaries of what is possible to do in the browser. We render tens of thousands editable objects at a high refresh rate. We communicate to multiple backend services and control work execution flows to allow regular people to perform tasks that required deep professional expertise in the past.We deliver solutions that are being used by real people to do mission critical changes or have deepest insights into complex processes. Think of configuring magical experiences to have rider and driver meeting at the expected time in the safe and easy to access point, food arriving fast, so it can be enjoyed the way it was intended to or ML models being trained to offer helping hand when it's needed. We are involved in all of the above and more! About The TeamUber Eats is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world, just over the last year we have doubled our gross bookings! Our team's work at Uber Eats directly impacts and continues to impact our communities. We help feed the Eater, and we help the merchants stay in business.We are hiring engineers across multiple teams in the Uber-Delivery (formerly UberEats) India site.Come join us in our HYD or BLR office to be part of a thriving culture, while solving challenging problems at scale. Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the technologies we work on.
- Eats is live in 6,000+ cities globally in 45 countries across 6 continents and we are growing every week.
- Work on Uber's most complex web applications by designing, implementing, and unit testing the frontend application code.
- Build a next gen UI using the latest technologies: React, Redux, Sass, ES2016
- Help teams with helping with defining an architecture that would scale and also encourage best practices.
- Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Goto person to get clarity of problem statements and also can breakdown into meaningful tasks.
- Work on complex desktop web applications used by Data Scientists, Engineers, ML Labeling Operators and many other people in the company to help Uber deliver seamless and magical Rider, Driver and Eater experiences.
- Actively mentor and teach junior engineers and deeply engage with each one and set them up for success.
- Help teams with helping with defining north start, vision and with direction to create robust solutions that would scale for years to come.
- Influence and impact a best-in-class customer experience in your group and contribute to overall customer experience in your area.
- Lead cross-team efforts that deliver meaningful results across engineering, product, and/or design.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?